Help "takes action" but leaves all disc golf tees in game.

cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

On Saturday April 2, I alerted the help chat that individual disc golf tees were being accepted at Keeley Park (NC). The first to go live in Ingress was this one: https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=36.10979,-79.704701 I kept adding to the report as new ones kept showing up on the duplicates row or on the Ingress map.

On April 15 I received this reply.

"Hello Explorer,

Thanks for reaching out.

We have reviewed the report and have taken action on the Wayspots and the Wayfinder in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account.

Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.

Best Regards,"

I did not want action taken on the Wayfarer. There used to be a clarification that individual disc golf tees are not eligible, but that was removed from help. I thought these Wayspots should be removed and/or prevented from going live. Individual disc golf tees are not places to have people wandering around playing phone games. It interferes with the golfers and is dangerous for those not paying attention to the discs. But as of tonight's sync three syncs later, I see holes 3, 5, 6, 8, 15, & 18 live. So I guess disc golf holes do not meet removal criteria for Niantic.

This could use another clarification.

Tagged:

Comments