Why is this not accepted?

This painting is the equivalent of Mona Lisa in our country. Also it is not a temporary display it is installed in a museum called “Museo de Intramuros”.

It is not a private residence or farm it is in a museum.

Also it is not a seasonal or temporary/seasonal display it is installed here by the City of Manila to be a tourist attraction.

Also this painting is made by our National Hero/Artist Juan Luna.

Please consider this submission to educate the youth of today.

Comments

• JoashJagaimon-PGOJoashJagaimon-PGO Posts: 59 ✭✭

Please oh please somebody review this?

Going out this pandemic 😷 is no joke here in the Philippines 🇵🇭 please take a look at this submission 😄

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    1. How do I verify that the painting is what and where you say it is when you provide no evidence, a Google search of "'Ang Minerva' Juan Luna" yields no results, and your photo crops out all context to its location?
    2. How am I to determine that the photo you used was taken by you at the location and not simply stolen off the internet?
  • ingo68-INGingo68-ING Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

if I see two of the same photos during the vote, I give it an abuse right away. by the way, the picture is not interesting. it may even be in a private home. so I reject it anyway

edited May 2022

What do you think 💭 🧐 @ingo68-ING 🤔

for me, two same photos are a fake

• PaulingZubat-PGOPaulingZubat-PGO Posts: 604 Ambassador

Hi, this is most probably a case of unfair rejection however there are a some few points for you to improve this nomination.

For the temporary rejection, you may have to provide evidence that it is in fact a permanent art piece (especially framed ones) because some exhibits are temporary/rotated through museums. The PRP rejection may be from reviewers mistaking the museum as a house from the street view. If you can do a photosphere of the room, that may increase likelihood that it would be accepted (not sure if you're even allowed to do those inside, so please ask the curator first).

It also does not help that the supplementing photo is the same as the main photo, that should show the point of interest in its surroundings. I am personally skeptical of submissions like that from experience. Bolster up your supporting text with links supporting your claim, I'm also curious to see what you put in your description.

I think it's gonna be harder to do that for a specific art piece and I suggest submitting the exhibit gallery signs as seen from the virtual tours here (Episode 2: The Immaculate Conception at 0:20): https://intramuros.gov.ph/2020/10/01/museo-de-intramuros/

I'm also unfamiliar with this particular painting and I consider the Mona Lisa of our country is either "La Bulaqueña" by Luna or Amorsolo's "The Fruit Gatherer" by the sheer frequency of those being used in discussions regarding portrait art. That could be a regional difference though.

This is a painting by our late Juan Luna as an Advertising major it is a painting considered as a painting that levels The Mona Lisa in our country.

Also La Bulaqueña is by Juan Luna.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where is the evidence that supports this claim? I've looked up the title "Ang Minerva" and found nothing. I've looked through several galleries of Juan Luna's paintings and did not see this particular one. I've finally looked up "Juan Luna Mona Lisa" and it returns an entirely different painting "The Parisian Life". If you are going to make such bold claims in a nomination, you better have the evidence to back those claims.

Please be the cure not the cost #BeTheCure

• CarolFigueiraRS-PGOCarolFigueiraRS-PGO Posts: 381 Ambassador

There is anywhere in the museum site saying this is permanent? You should have taken a wider secondary picture, the way it is now it's 1* temporary for me.

• ExCon92-INGExCon92-ING Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

What I do for indoor nominations is upload a 360 photo onto Google Streetview. This way when people review they see it indoors and that it’s actually at that location.

Maybe next time @ExCon92-ING I’ll take note of it but not at that place because I’ve been there already so no point maybe a new place.

Also I’m really rethinking about this submission thing I thought this will be therapeutic for me but it became so toxic because of people who criticize you because all you want is to contribute to the community and they other people judge you that you’ve done a criminal thing.

I took this challenge and submit new location because this is what my friend did before he was defeated by COVID I thought this is gonna be therapeutic for me and finish what my friend has started.

He influenced me to go this path his last words to me was let’s do this after COVID.

Sorry right now I’m so mortified by it please oh please not all people are not like what you think I only do this because of my friend nothing more nothing less.

And Yes I’ve already seek help from my friend psychiatrist he thought it will be therapeutic for me to do this.

but I’m gonna consult again because of this.

guys please stop being toxic about this.

• Blaumut-INGBlaumut-ING Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭

I don't get the point about your friend. The other wayfarers give to you all the advices to increase the approval of the wayspot. Good luck.

@Blaumut-ING he was the one who encouraged me to do this submit new Pokéstops and travel to new places.

I’m just new at this so that is why I’m not good at this.

Sorry if you feel triggered about something that I’ve said.

Again I’m just doing this because of my friend nothing more nothing less.

I’ll try to make less stressful for everybody.

Again sorry.

just to be fair any work by Juan Luna is equivalent to a Mona Lisa?

Also yes, I’m new at this.

I’m very sorry about this.

I didn’t know that it is this toxic to

do something like this.

I thought that this is gonna be my therapy after loosing a dear friend of mine.

I was the opposite 😢

You can find this at this museum for more references about this painting 🖼

if you give it as a support photo, the first one from the top would be ok. you would show proof that it exists in real life and in some gallery. two same photos show nothing. on the contrary, and most players reject it

Actually that’s my original plan but you know in Pokémon Go when you’re gonna submit a picture they ask you for the first photo then they will ask you for the second one right I got very confused because here in the Philippines it is like GTA or grand theft auto 🤣 if your not careful enough your cellphone will belong to somebody else in a blink of an eye like magic 🪄🎩🐇.

clearly it was my fault somebody was lurking behind me so I’ve rush to post this Pokéstop submission.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're in a hurry, you can take the pictures and then write the submission later from somewhere nearby that isn't as busy. Just make sure you move the location to the actual location of the object, not where you do the submission.

You can also do the submission with just a simple title and description then use Wayfarer to edit it when you're at home and have time to add details.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Making Wayspots is a very frustrating experience for new submitters (and even experienced ones). Niantic doesn't provide enough information or feedback about the process. For example, that museum has two Wayspots already. Even if this portrait is accepted, you probably won't see it in your game.

If you want to relax and honor your friend, consider choosing another way. If he wanted you to travel new places to play Pokemon Go, you could try to get the Platinum Sightseer badge, for example.

Anyway, I hope you can find some way to remember him that you can enjoy.

Thank you so much @JillJilyJabadoo-PGO out of so many people who bash me you’re the only person who understands what I’m going through.

Thank you so much it was like a hurricane that hit me loosing a friend is so hard I hope you won’t suffer like I did.

I wish you guys and gals well stay safe and do what you do.

edited May 2022

Sorry for your friend and going off. Please don't use begging phrases anymore and back up your claims always, that particular phrase was used in fake submissions I encountered in the past hence the over-reaction. It can be therapeutic if you enjoy travelling, culture & history, taking photos, and building up your case but it'll get worse before you get the hang of it. In submitting provided you read the criteria, next rule is you always gotta add verifiable proof always that the reviewer can access because they are very wary and frustrated of fakes. Second, you need to take in irl opinions/criticism to improve your submission acceptance.

just to be fair any work by Juan Luna is equivalent to a Mona Lisa?

I disagree, that's like saying everything made by Da Vinci is a Mona Lisa. Everything made by the person cannot be all masterpieces (if everything is, nothing is a masterpiece) but if someone is capable enough then a great deal of what their doing is a great work. The lack of articles talking about that painting troubles this claim, this is the hole we see that you have to fill up as the submitter. Kelangan **** ma-advertise sa mga reviewer na "Ang Minerva" ay isang masterpiece gamit ang mahahanap **** ebidensya. Kung wala, ilahad mo sa description na si Juan Luna ay isang bukod-tanging pintor ng Pilipinas na maraming ginawang masterpiece na katulad ng kalidad ng Mona Lisa ni Da Vinci. Sa mata ng reviewer at mga kausap dito, baka di nila kilala si Luna kaya magkwento ka rin about sa kanya. Kailangan mapatunayan na bantog/bukod-tangi yung painting kesa sa ibang nandyan, hindi necessarily yung kalidad ng mismong pagkakagawa. Given that that painting is cordoned by a separator, you can add this to your case. Also include the video title, timestamp, and link in the supporting text so the reviewers can revisit the proof.

edit: the asterisked words are equivalent to the possessive pronoun "your" in our language (Tagalog); no idea why the filter is applied.

Post edited by PaulingZubat-PGO on

Thanks @PaulingZubat-PGO this really brightens my day.

I guess I won’t go to this place just to submit a Pokéstop submission maybe in a couple of years maybe no point right?

Thank you for encouraging me to make better submission maybe in the future. But for now I’m contented with adding photos to a Pokéstop.

Honestly it is less stressful maybe this is what me and my friend was looking for.

Again thank you very much.

It's up to you to decide the point of submitting stuff. If it brings you joy to see them in-game, there's still an empty cell there and it looks like the former church is being used as an exhibition room for the Museo, relatively easier to prove because you now have an article and the entrance literally has a signboard in Street View supporting it. You've had a baptismal of fire in wayfaring trying to submit what I consider a difficult POI.

I do understand the challenges playing in the NCR, if you do get back to making submissions outside your remote sub distance consider looking up pogomap or IITC for PoGo so you can plan ahead.

Best regards!

Thank @PaulingZubat-PGO you're so awesome 😎

Thank you for inspiring me to submit my friend will be happy.

Mike R.I.P. God bless you kapatid 😊