Rejection valid submittion(s)

Title of the Wayspot: Champions Trophy

City: Heemskerk

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

Additional information:

I would like to know why the reason private property is used and sometimes also temporary. In this case the pottery art which I nominated is about 1 meter high and not moveable (or very difficult). Also you can see on the timeframe of Google maps it is out there all year long (date of photo 2010-09, 2014-10, 2019-03, 2019-06; 2020-08).

The artwork is situated outside the private property, because the private garden is seperated by the hedge from the public road. And the artwork is placed on the other side of the hedge, alongside the public road. I tried to clearify the seperation on the attached picture.

So I hope you guys can explain this for me.

It is getting a little frustrating some valid nominations are rejected by the community and sometime the same nominations get approval. It's like you spin the lucky wheel, I don't think that should be the purpose.

It takes a lot of effort to get these upgrades by reviewing other submittions and there is nothing more frustrating than to see your hard earned upgrades go up in smoke.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• CarolFigueiraRS-PGOCarolFigueiraRS-PGO Posts: 381 Ambassador

Appeals are made in the cotributions page in wayfarer, the appeal bottom must be active in the nomination. You have the right to use one appeal every 30 days I believe.

This place is for removel appeals, the title should have been updated.

What is public or not is a controversy and even though it's in street view I get the feeling that it can be moved, like it's not locked in place.

• Marcienator-PGOMarcienator-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

Thank you for your reply Carol, I can provide some examples from nominations that are already active ingame which do meet the same criteria. I was hoping to get some hard rules, so it isn't arbitrariness. For example; I once also nominated a graffity art on a electrical box, wich looked pretty decent and it was rejected because it was "temporary", I mean how?! It wasn't aquarelle paint, otherwise it would already be gone by rain.

In this case, I added photo's from Google maps which where made at different times during the year. September 2010, Octobre 2014, March 2019, June 2019 and August 2020. This looked like evidence for me that this artwork is permanent. Or it has to be a real coincidence that the artwork was placed back just before the Google maps car drove by........ I mean, we are talking about a timeframe from 2010 till 2022 and this thing is still there in the exact same place.

The graffiti should be okay I would try again in your case. It would be easier to say if I could see a picture. I think everything is subjective depending on the reviewers you get, some people think the side walk is part of the house some don't. I'm brazillian and everything outside the wall/gate is considered public.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those objects are mass-produced and clearly part of the private residence they are in front of, so the rejection is valid. Also, they are part of the driveway, which interferes with access to the property. There is also no pedestrian walkway along the street so the objects do lack pedestrian access as well.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Clearly a homeowner decoration placed on the driveway of a PRP - so not eligible and the nomination was correctly rejected under Niantic criteria.

edited May 2022

How bizarre, sogNinjaman. Maybe you or someone else can explain to me why this stop/portal is eligible "Guardian Sphinx" in comparison with my nomination? They meet the same criteria.

But this one is even BEHIND the fence of the private property! So you can't even reach it without entering the private property...

And if you look at it from TheFarix perspective, this would also be "mass-production". Which I don't agree with by the way.

52°23'14.4"N 4°38'08.5"E

Other **** exists. That isn't a reason to then ignore criteria. If those statues are on private residential property, submit an invalid Wasypot report via the game app.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not everybody follows the criteria, and the criteria have changed over the years so things that used to be accepable to Niantic are no no longer on the "approved Waypoint list". As @TheFarix-PGO said above, if you see something that would appear to meet the Niantic removal criteria, which are not the same as the acceptance criteria, you can report it via the game app. You can't base current submissions on what you see existing in game already.

Ah ok, that explains it. I didn't knew the "approved Waypoint list" would change this much. Thank you for your replies.

Finally, is there one central document or thread (which is up-to-date) where I can find all of the approved Waypoints?

No such list exists.