How can I stop getting Wayspots to review from other countries?

I live in the UK, and my bonus location is set to New Zealand, both are countries I know well enough to be able to rate the majority of Wayspots I get asked about.

However, I keep getting asked to review prospective Wayspots in France. I am unable to judge these as my language skills just aren't up to scratch. I try to skip them unless it is super obvious to me what they are saying, but as soon as I run out of skips I am just guessing if the text is ok or not.

Is there any way to prevent the system from giving me these candidates?

Best Answer

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You don't have to be close to the coast to get lots of French reviews, you can be inside the M25 and get them because the cell starts in South London.

Its annoying when you know there are many more submissions close to you and in the UK but you get French submissions 2 or 3 votes in.

When you review on phone and use a privacy based browser like Brave, you just can't easily translate it either meaning you give up voting then. Means Niantic loses lots of potential votes.

I suggested before that Wayfarers should be able to tick what languages they can review in and Niantic already know the language of the phone/client submitting, so could make it that we only see submissions in the language we say we can review in. Just needs the question to be asked at next wayfarer login after the backend coding is done for it.

Answers

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. Niantic use quadrilaterals to determine review areas rather than country borders. If you lived far enough north in the UK you'd probably avoid the French nominations, but I'm guessing you live somewhere south of where I am.

You should use Google Translate to review any foreign nominations you get. Google Translate is pretty decent when it comes to translating French to English.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. Especially not if you’re close to the coast (say Cornwall etc.) you’ll get France appear quite often. Just review them as best as you can.

Answer ✓

You don't have to be close to the coast to get lots of French reviews, you can be inside the M25 and get them because the cell starts in South London.

Its annoying when you know there are many more submissions close to you and in the UK but you get French submissions 2 or 3 votes in.

When you review on phone and use a privacy based browser like Brave, you just can't easily translate it either meaning you give up voting then. Means Niantic loses lots of potential votes.

I suggested before that Wayfarers should be able to tick what languages they can review in and Niantic already know the language of the phone/client submitting, so could make it that we only see submissions in the language we say we can review in. Just needs the question to be asked at next wayfarer login after the backend coding is done for it.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

Set your home and bonus locations to regions that are surrounded by English speakers. That way you'll get more their, and fewer in French near your place of play. How about Atlanta GA?

• Angeljho-PGOAngeljho-PGO Posts: 82 ✭✭✭
    edited June 4

Both the UK and New Zealand are English-speaking countries aren't they?

Unless you're suggesting they move their home location in the UK further north and away from France?

My home location is set west of London and I don't get any nominations in French, thankfully, but if I did I'd just throw it into Google Translate.

These are the cells across the south of the UK & north of France. Makes me wonder if we get submissions from our cell & a few surrounding cells if someone above the London line doesn't get French submissions but someone just below does

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m based in Manchester area. The only French ones I get to review are photos ( I don’t recall any location or text edits). So photos seem to be on a wider basis.

When I go to Cornwall I will get ones from NR01 Juliet in France and NR02 Kilo Ireland to review.

• AhGddvc-INGAhGddvc-ING Posts: 35 ✭✭

On the South Coast we get a lot of French nominations :/

I appreciate you couldn't filter by language as that would be open to a lot of abuse, but I see no reason you couldn't choose by country and Niantic could use reverse geocoding to filter which nominations you receive.