Waypoints long in waiting or in voting <1 year

Hi,

so I’ve been really fed up with the time it takes my waypoints to get approved. I live in a small town with around 10 waypoints. But my other nominations don’t move at all. Ive got over 30 nominations who have been in waiting for more than one year (oldest one since September 2020). And seven who have been in voting for over a year. I’m for that you vote yourself on nominations to get upgrades. But it seems only with upgrades I get my waypoint to move fast. Is there a way without the upgrades to make them go faster? Because I am really not going to keep voting if I don’t get anything in return.

kind regards

Tom

Comments

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reviewing other people's wayspots gets you upgrades that help yours get through voting faster by showing them to a wider audience. It sounds like your area doesn't have enough reviewers to get things processed if they aren't upgraded.

The other option would be to find a bunch of people to set their bonus locations to your area for a while.

• T34Tanker-PGOT34Tanker-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

How many would you need then to let them go faster?

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it is unfair and infuriating that nominations in areas near (~20 miles) a portal-dense city are slow-tracked.

You'll have to do around 175 reviews, having 100 agreements with other reviewers, for each upgrade - to get one of your nominations reviewed. That doesn't mean it'll be accepted, just that it'll finally be seen.

This system is painfully broken.

• Aeryle88-PGOAeryle88-PGO Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

When people stop rejecting good nomination, the system will become faster. (because less nomination would have to be submitted many times)

Until then, the only solution is getting upgrades.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

They won’t do anything about it, as a substantial part of their reviewing workforce has to do reviewing to get the upgrades to get their submissions through. 🙄🤔

• jizza-INGjizza-ING Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

there would be more reviews and reviewers without that stupid cooldown

• BHolleufer-PGOBHolleufer-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Too many submissions...back in the ingress only days.... sometimes it only took 3 days for a submission to go trough no upgrades neeeded... my record is under a day the stop popped up the next day.!

Never should have opened submissions for PoGo players in my oppinion misplaced stops in the S2 cells. Pain to move... "lost opputunity for a stop "

To be fair they should just remove S2 for pogo and it will make it all so much easier like in ingress.. keep the s17 and just add a gym every 10 submission after the first 3 gyms or something like that. I think you will sell more passes talkting to you niantic Niantic... yet you sell remote pass all the time so i guess you dont care.

LETS BRING BACK THE COMMUNITY.. not the couch raiding era like there is now.. zzzz. can litterly never meet any people outside for raids anymore, everyone is just remote raiding at home on the couch..

miss the days of the first LEGENDARY egg in the city and everyone showed up like a 100 people and we had to make groups for colors levels and everything... now i just wait for an invite overseas... yay..

• niktero-PGOniktero-PGO Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on the area but just a few extra people can make a big difference. My wait is usually about 2-3 months but when I convince someone new to review a bit I see alot of the oldest ones get processed at the same time. Your area will likley need at least 4 more dedicated reviewers but since you are in a small town you might notice a difference with just a few people. There are already local reviewers, just not quite enough to get things moving well.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your oldest one should be (or already been) reviewed by Niantic now.

And why are you complaining here? Even Pikmin Blooms and NBA All-Worlds have their inclusion rule, you know?

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticTintino-ING just to bring back my old "rant" from 2 or 3 years ago:

Nothing - I repeat - NOTHING has changed from then.

Living rural near a dense portal city (or cities) still gives people the shaft when submitting. It isnt okay to wait more than 12 month for a wayspot to go thru.

Please DO something about this, and do it now. We all will be grandparents until Niantic removes this uncessessary and plain wrong idea of fast tracking some areas while others are 3+ years.

I dont mind if you remove fast-track from my area. I dont need a wayspot to be accepted there in 5 days.

• KrbKrbKrb-PGOKrbKrbKrb-PGO Posts: 32 ✭✭

Some of my older ones have been decisioned over the last month. One from the fall of 2020 (!) was approved a couple of weeks ago. And another one from about the same time was rejected last week, as someone else nominated it also, so my nomination was rejected as a duplicate. And I literally just had one from Jan of 2021 approved this evening. Oldest nomination now is from late January of 2021 which I think has been in voting for maybe a year.