Feedback on why this was denied?

I wasn't aware an artistic design of a fish in concrete was a feature that naturally spawns by itself in nature

Initially it was flagged for natural feature. Location shoule be pretty damn accurate. A few others I nominated in similar area were approved, while several of identical quality were rejected with reasons that make no sense. I just had another one approved practically identical in terms of historic content, visually appealing, good location to gather, etc to several that were rejected for reasons that make no sense

Comments

• dman41689-PGOdman41689-PGO Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

people sometimes hit the wrong button they might ment to hit other rejected criteria. reviewers probably thought it was just a regular bench, you probably could've just nominated the fish mural by itself.

• Telbourn-PGOTelbourn-PGO Posts: 72 ✭✭✭

Is it painted or is it carved into the stone? If carved in I'd say it would be a valid POI, if just painted on then could be Temporary so not.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,123 Ambassador

Looks like a crappy generic bench with a fish painted on the concrete. Rejection reasons may be off, but rejection is correct.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

It looks like the fish is a stencil, which Niantic says means mass-produced and doesn't qualify. (Stencils have a few exceptions for artistic additions, like Banksy does - his are not mass-produced.)

You even say that there a lots of benches with these stenciled fish. This seems doubly generic mass-produced.

• djcmount-PGOdjcmount-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited August 2022

To clarify, there are two benches there with the design pressed into the concrete that was poured as part of several community-funded improvement projects. I'm not aware of similar benches outside of this area.

Unsure exactly how the artist achieved this as I was not there when this was installed; there's definitely a physical indentation in the concrete, so it wasn't just painted on top of concrete.

Thanks for your feedback

• Ochemist-INGOchemist-ING Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd try to take a photo with landscape orientation that focuses on the fish. If you can get the light right or otherwise figure out how to show the indentations in the concrete, that would really help. As it is, it just looks like a not-very-permanent stenciled picture of a fish and less like an actual art installation.

Also, I'd emphasize the fish art aspect, not the bench aspect. Benches are very hard to get through; artwork is much easier. Even calling it "Fish Art" (or something similar, but catchier) might help, particularly if you can convey the indentations and permanence.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can try to add additional photos in Google Maps trying to show that this is art created on the concrete, take photos near the ground, try to cast shadows, ...