Fake nomination in Neath UK - Submitter stole my nomination photo!

Here is the fake and below is my nomination dated April 26th. Both clearly use the same photo!

Here are some more of my nominations from the same area for proof of their legitimacy. I assume they might try to fake others. @NianticTintino or other niantic staff can you look into this for me please. Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• ElwynGreygoose-INGElwynGreygoose-ING Posts: 244 ✭✭✭✭

Neath is "fake city" and has been for years.

Even those wayspots that aren't fake are ineligible.

I would dearly hope Niantic does some re-education on the reviewers who have been blithely accepting these wayspots over the years.

Note for reviewers: if the address is Neath, select "fake / abuse" and you'll be right most of the time. But you won't get agreements like that. You have to accept everything these days if agreements is your thang.

I would sort out all the fakes and report them, but it's a lot of work to have Niantic turn round and say "we have determined the wayspots should remain".

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,486 Ambassador

@ElwynGreygoose-ING

I could get Neath POI to review, and would appreciate more.

is the problem mainly with the trail markers?

Are nature markers like the ones in this thread not there or is it location that is wrong?

@Elijustrying-ING

OK we literally are talking years here so I don't really remember too many details. But I have posted Neath fakes before in other places.

Maybe we should have a contest to see where we can find the most fakes: Amesbury vs Neath?

I have seen large numbers of brass rubbing posts, incorrectly titled 'Trail Markers', from Neath. I've never seen any evidence to suggest these actually exist, but equally I don't know that they're fakes.

My comment really is based on previous experience with a wide range of other nominations from Neath. Even those that aren't totally fictitious are in the wrong location (looking at you, trail markers), or with wrong titles, plagiarised text, or simply ineligible.

That's not to say there aren't legitimate wayspots and honourable wayfinders in the area, too.

• Belahzur-INGBelahzur-ING Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sick of reviewing these, I see them all the time, under tree & no photosphere, rejected them all as mismatch as there's no proof or effort they are actually there in the real world, and seeing them all on the nearby.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,486 Ambassador

Cheers @ElwynGreygoose-ING

and yes I find the lack of photospheres annoying especially when you can’t even see a path, not that a path usually appears in a photo.

I add walking trails to Google maps sometimes to be on the safe side when nominating trail markers.

• VIPZMCSWAG-PGOVIPZMCSWAG-PGO Posts: 54 ✭✭

It got accepted unfortunately @NianticGiffard sorry to bother you but can you please take action on this fake. Evidence submitted above proves it is a fake. I have submitted a few more trail markers at the same location (leigh woods) so who knows if they might have tried to fake more of them.

• Hello @VIPZMCSWAG-PGO! We have reviewed the report and have taken action on the 4 Wayspots and a Wayfinder in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account. Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.