Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Approved POI nomination not showing up in any Niantic games.

I have 2 nominations approved, received an email verifying their approval and they have not gone live in any Niantic game. One of them was submitted 2 seperate times. It was approved both times and did not go live. I have had another submissions go live in between these 2 with no issue. I use an iPhone X 13.3.1. The nomination I submitted 2 times is Community Trust Park. I will attach photos showing they were approved and showing how they are not live in the game.

Tagged:
0 votes

Working as Intended · Last Updated

Comments

• I am having the same issue as well. I have gotten one POI approved 2 different times and it will not show up. Not showing up in any Niantic game. Then I had another one that will not show up as well.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Your photos might answer this, but there is an unwritten "20 meter 'rule'" that blocks even accepted nominations from going live in any Niantic game. If there is a live Wayspot (even one not ported into PoGO), it could block a new nomination.

Note: Ingress emails will state the following...

Your Portal submission has been reviewed and the community agrees that it meets the Candidate Portal criteria. However, we are unable to bring it online at this time since this candidate is too close to an existing Portal.

It is a shame the PoGO explanation is more vague.

• ApplPsydarr-PGOApplPsydarr-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

The screenshot of pogo shows a time before the spot would have made it into the game if it was only approved yesterday. Is it still missing?

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on when it was accepted, it can take up to 36 hours to become a POI in Pokemon GO.

But just because a wayspot was accepted, doesn't mean it will appear in Pokemon GO.

If it's within 20 meters of another wayspot, it won't appear in any game.

If it's sharing an S2L17 cell with another Wayspot, it will not become a POI in Pokemon GO.

And if a Wayspot was there earlier, but the owners of the property requested it be removed, then the cell/area could be tagged so that no POI show up there ever.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

did anyone had a submission accepted yesterday, that didnt show in ingress

• While some nominations may be deemed eligible by the community of reviewers for inclusion into Niantic’s location database, they may not necessarily be added into every Niantic game. After the nomination is approved by reviewers, there is an additional automated review that determines whether the nomination would be an appropriate fit for each particular Niantic game. Each game has its own set of criteria for this step so some nominations may be accepted into one game but not another.

The most common reason that an eligible nomination is not added to Pokémon GO is because the nomination is too close to existing PokéStops or Gyms. If an existing game location is removed or the criteria changes, the nomination may appear within Pokémon GO at a later time. Please keep in mind that while this is a common reason, it is not the only one.

• rodrigz83-PGOrodrigz83-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

I have one nomination approved that later I figure out it was too close to an existing one. So I moved the location of the existing one just a bit (already approved by the community) but my approved nomination still do not show up. Is there anything I can do to save the nomination?

I already checked and they are in different S2 cells.

• sKillerII-PGOsKillerII-PGO Posts: 0 ✭✭

Hi

I've submitted the same nomintation 3 times as it has been approved each time. However on each occassion the submission has not appear on any of the games. The submitted portal should be to left of the 2 green portals on the top left of the attached screenshot.

The nomintation ID for the approvals are:

Nomination ID: fq4cg7yMfKx3SejTiE4yYCE5S1ddA/eLYZISdCsnd/o=

Nomination ID: MU4+PKsP69jmSgZGOrKreLbFp40jiIygcIzcOGN9vFo=

Nomination ID: 8FNWaovV0OgY8/qqijhs77ftKhrTGwhNzgBlQmG0g3o=

The portal should be around where the red X is.

• Hi there! It looks like these submissions have been auto rejected. To elaborate, each Niantic game has an automated server that monitors and prevents clogging of POIs in a specific area. This being the reason, your submissions did not appear in any of the games, despite being approved initially.

We suggest checking for the density of existing POIs nearby while submitting a candidate . Good luck!

• AgentB0ss-INGAgentB0ss-ING Posts: 555 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, to translate the above response from NianticKN. Your nomination went into voting and was in fact approved. However, due to a nearby waypoint being within 20 meters of your approved nomination it will not appear in any of the games. This is to prevent waypoints from appearing on top of each other. It makes it difficult to click waypoints that are directly on top or adjacent to another.

Well, that's bad. I lost a lot of time waiting for this one to be approved :( (I am the only player level 40 in pokemon in my neighborhood)

Just to elaborate: if your candidate had been accepted as a Portal that did not sync into PoGO due to proximity, it usually will have been allowed to sync into PoGO once the other POI was moved; if your candidate was too close to even be allowed to show up as an Ingress Portal, it is extremely unlikely to show up without being re-nominated. There are extremely rare cases that seem to contradict this, but they are few and far between.

I'm sorry to hear. To reduce manipulation attempts and not encourage fake location nominations, Niantic doesn't usually elaborate on spacing rules. There are a lot of resources available if you do web searches of S2 cell influence on Niantic games and theorized proximity "rules." You can learn so you can make every nomination count, or simply just nominate and hope for the best. Please remember that nominations (or edits) should only reflect the candidate's real world location.

Yep, it was was too close to even for ingress. Was my second nomination and I learned a lot after this. Just wanna to find a way to recicle the approval :)

Thanks for the clarification!

• Ein vor längerer Zeit aktzeptierter POI erscheint nicht in PokemonGo, auch bei Ingress ist er nicht erschienen.

Der POI heißt Luisenruhe vom Februar 2020.

Vielen Dank im voraus.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

The light house is in the same level 17 cell than Ship Building Yard so it won't be added as a pokestop, and probably you submitted the other one closer than 20 meters to any of the existing wayspots.

This is working as designed, the email already states that not all wayspots are added to all games.

A POI accepted a long time ago does not appear in PokemonGo, nor did it appear in Ingress.

The POI is called Luisenruhe from February 2020.

Thanks in advance.

Not all POIs that are accepted will appear on the Ingress or Pokémon GO games. A new nomination cannot be closer than ~20 meters to an existing Portal, and there are "S2 cell" restrictions that affect what syncs into Pokémon GO. There may also be additional "backend checks" that we aren't fully aware of. Additionally, an area could have requested no Niantic POIs be accepted.

Nicht alle akzeptierten POIs werden in den Ingress- oder Pokémon GO-Spielen angezeigt. Eine neue Nominierung darf nicht näher als ~ 20 Meter an einem vorhandenen Portal liegen, und es gibt Einschränkungen für "S2-Zellen", die sich auf die Synchronisierung mit Pokémon GO auswirken. Darüber hinaus hätte ein Gebiet möglicherweise die Annahme von Niantic-POIs verlangen können.

• kn1ghtman-PGOkn1ghtman-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

I have two nominations that were approved, but have not shown up in any game, or even as an existing waypoint in wayfarer.

Nomination IDs:

• hOfImQcsgntI9GzZ6hAr0om7gZH3kXLehBz/dlyzOXg=
    • 4B6aqzbpkI5PgTTbcTuxKiUBi8I9LwqeduZm7486J7s=

The first one was approved on April 1st, and I've included a screenshot of where it's supposed to be placed. But I was reviewing a close-by nomination on April 29th, and as you can see, in the Check for Duplicates screenshot, it didn't exist at that time.

The second one is the same situation, and I was able to confirm that it doesn't show up in Wayfarer in the same manner, but I forgot to get a screenshot of that one.

It seems these waypoints have gotten lost.

It looks like is within 20 meters of existing Wayspots? If it's too close to any Portal, it won't sync to any map, including nearby duplicates.

It's not. I researched it before submitting it. But, like I said, it doesn't even show up in wayfarer. I submitted another one, that was appropriately placed, but for whatever reason, it got moved into the same cell as another waypoint, that shows up in Pokemon Go, and therefore, it doesn't, but it still shows up in the check for duplicates. There are actually 3 waypoints that show up in wayfarer in that cell, and only one of them shows up in Pokemon Go.

The point is: it would show up in Wayfarer, whether it was the proper distance away from another waypoint to show up in a game, or not, and it isn't, which is why I can only assume that it's fallen through the cracks, somehow.

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you check in person to make sure it's not showing up in Ingress? The intel map can be buggy sometimes.

Also, the POGO email nor the wayaferer site won't tell you if it was rejected for being within 20m of an existing portal. Only the Ingress email does. So if reviewers moved it, you wouldn't know.

Yup. I checked Ingress. If reviewers move it, it shows on the map for the nomination. That's how I knew they moved the other one. It hasn't been moved. It just disappeared.

But if they also move it within 20 meters, it won't show up as a nearby duplicate.

Even if something gets accepted & you get the PoGO acceptance email, if it breaks the 20 meter "rule" of being too close to any Ingress portal (synced to PoGO or not), the nomination will not show up as a potential Wayspot duplicate while reviewing.

Cool. I'll go with that. I'll just resubmit them a little bit farther away.

Thanks for your help.

• EngCS0609-PGOEngCS0609-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have a wayspot approved on around Feb 27 (at that time having some global issue with approved wayspot not appearing in game). There should have sufficient distance from its nearby existing wayspot. Can anyone from Niantic help to check? Many thanks.

Nomination ID: 1SzMkXS0NP1NHZfEH8Znnzxg8jHur3ZPPkWCrTHgNWI=

@NianticCasey-ING?

• Davejjjjj-INGDavejjjjj-ING Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

It's probably within 20 metres of another POI, so it won't come online in any game. Take a look at the ingress to see if the POI you've nominated is near an existing POI. Reviewers can move the marker to the correct location during reviewing.

• jaaxtmp-INGjaaxtmp-ING Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

Puede que incluso en ingress haya un portal que esté demasiado cerca, me ha ocurrido muchas veces con propuestas propias y sólo queda enviarlo de nuevo.

Lo que yo siempre hago si veo que hay portales cerca es medir la distancia en maps más o menos a 20m y funciona, o bien calcular la distancia con la vista :D

• LordOfZeffo-PGOLordOfZeffo-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Aprende a usar las celdas S2 o te seguirán pasando estas cosas.

• 4nR3-ING4nR3-ING Posts: 22 ✭✭✭

Buenas.

Como dijeron antes, lo que paso es que la propuesta se encuentra a menos de 20 metros de otro POI ya existente. El tema de las celdas no tiene nada que ver.

Cuando pasa esto Wayfarer mostrará que la propuesta fue aceptada, sin embargo, no aparecerá en ningún juego. Puede que tengas un MAIL en el que te diga lo mismo, que fue aprobada pero no puede estar en ningún juego porque esta cerca a otro POI.

La única solución que queda es que reenvíes la propuesta, pero esta vez un poco más alejado. Tené en cuenta que deben ser 20 metros de todos los POIs.