Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

“Complete the wayfarer tutorial to unlock” leads into loosing your stats

WestGoAnd-PGOWestGoAnd-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Report a Bug

I was inactive on Wayfarer for some weeks. When trying to send a nomination from PoGo last week I was asked to “complete the wayfarer tutorial to unlock”. I thought this is a mandatory action now and it won’t take long, so I just did it.

This went fast, but after completion I realized all my stats and achievements are gone. The candidate submissions history is still there, but all counters were set to 0. Therefore I took screenshots from PoGo and Ingress medals.

After 24h my PoGo platinum Wayfarer badge dropped to “nothing”, whereas Ingress still shows the OPR Recon badge and 2135 agreements.

Please correct, so no one is asked to redo the test. Even if this happens, please don’t reset all counters.

Furthermore can you please reinstate my achievements and my PoGo platinum badge.

Thank you.

Post edited by WestGoAnd-PGO on
Tagged:
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• WestGoAnd-PGOWestGoAnd-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭

My submission list is also incomplete, therefore I posted that issue into an existing thread in parallel. Niantic-Tintino asked whether I asked for deletion of an account. The answer is yes. I tried out PikminBloom and encountered a problem so I requested to delete that specific acc in the first days and created a new one.

Doing some “research” in the forum, I understood this may have caused the issue. In fact Niantic does not “delete” an acc as requested for, most probably in praxi it is set to Status “banned”. As a consequence the GMail ACC gets flagged. Due to this “suspicious“ status, wayfarer requires you to redo the test. After that your stats are gone.

Dear Niantic Team. Please check into this.

1. If I request to delete an Acc, due to technical problems, I expect it gets deleted. I would never appeal for a ban of an account. This sounds too risky.
    2. Even if my analysis is wrong, redoing a test shall never lead to the stats get resetted to “nothing”.
    3. Ingress is behaving correctly, importing the incremental Delta into its stats. PoGo fully relies on Wayfarer. If this gets corrupted you loose your badge. Obviously a different and less robust implementation.

I kindly ask you to check my GMail ACC is finally unflagged now, to restore my Wayfarer Stats to the state right before the test and thereby reinstate my achievements and the Platinum PoGo Medal.

All this is not a drama, it is simply a bug. Let’s get it corrected and things going.

Dear Niantic Team,

is there any insight into what happened?

Please also take a look into reinstating my PoGo Platinum Medal - it’s given in the screenshot. I hope you are aware, Platinum Medals are Leveling requirements, so there is few fun in getting them “lost”.

Thank you in advance!

Dear @NianticTintino-ING @NianticGiffard

after 2 months i am still missing any reply or reaction on this issue. Maybe it doesn’t happen too frequent, but loosing your stats, achievements and the majority of the wayspot history is a mega fail.

How can you get this repaired and what are suitable counter actions this cannot happen to other players?

• NianticGiffardNianticGiffard Posts: 9,164 admin
    edited June 2022

Apologies for the delay in attending to your post. We have added your report to have it escalated to our concerned team.

However, for investigation purposes, I would request the following details:

1. Your device/system details where you have accessed the Wayfarer account
    2. Browser name and its version

Hi @NianticGiffard

thank you for taking the action.

On the move I always use my IPhone XS running IOS 15.5 with up to date Safari Browser.

At home I also checked with a pretty old Galaxy Tab10, running Android6 and Firefox.

Both Systems show my contributions list in the identical way.

• Thanks for sharing the requested details. I would appreciate your patience until we get it sorted out for you.

• Latzstar-INGLatzstar-ING Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited July 2022

Interesting to if this has been fixed, as I lost my stats over 18 months ago due to the same issue and was told they couldn't be fixed on the wayfarer website.

Stats are correct in game

See previous thread

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/6555/wayfarer-review-stats-have-disappeared-on-ingress-account-unabble-to-log-in-here#latest

• Latzstar-INGLatzstar-ING Posts: 9 ✭✭

They've fixed my login, but wayfarer website stats are still different

Dear @NianticGiffard

thank you for the kind follow-up.

Rethinking the whole process, I feel the painful step happened, redoing the Wayfarer Newbie test April 17th and by that losing most Wayfarer data.

I am rather pragmatic, so if any backups of the Wayfarer database incl my Acc exists, you might ask the Tech Team to extract my data set from the latest version prior to April 16th and simply restore that. No complex merging needed.

If this doesn’t solve all issues, all the other stuff is less important. Also few days or weeks missing isn’t nice but ok.

I hope this suggestion makes the whole operation more feasible on your side.

Dear @NianticGiffard

2 more months have passed by, so I checked for any progress, but there was nothing to be seen. Is there any feedback from your tech support team so far?

Dear @NianticGiffard @NianticCasey-ING

Now 6months have passed by. You have asked me to invest some patience, well I did my part.

To be honest I have given up hope your Dev or Ops Team will restore my suggestion history from the database. They are not in the position to do so.

Furthermore I did ask you reinstalling my platinum badge in PoGo. This was a reward for doing some 100 hours of reviews. I have given proof (screenshot, Ingress medal) so you only need to manually increase a counter. If you feel this is too much of service for a person working hundreds of hours on community items (like wayfarer) - just say it in clear words and don’t ask for any more time waiting…

• ForzaComo-INGForzaComo-ING Posts: 187 ✭✭✭

Dear @WestGoAnd-PGO ,

there are dozens of people who have encountered the same after they have asked a deletion for an existing account (Pokemon GO, Ingress or Pikmin). This is due to the fact that Wayfarer account does not fully "understand" when a linked account is deleted. Yes, it should not work that way, but it does. This will always cause Wayfarer statistics to be reset at minimum.

Niantic has never restored anything caused be this annoyance so I wouldn't have my hopes up to get anything for you either. When I encountered this problem years ago, I managed to get a clear answer that nothing can be done. ALso Niantic promised to at least add a warning that this might happen with Wayfarer stats when asking a deletion of a linked account, but unfortunately this has not been done either.

So even I am not a staff member of Niantic, I can answer your question with clear words that unfortunately reinstalling your stats won't happen so you can stop waiting and move on.

Dear @ForzaComo-ING

thank you for the kind explanation. But sorry your theory is not in line with the facts.

1. My Stats and the Wafarer data vanished in April last year. Not when the Pikmin Acc was deleted some months earlier.
    2. All stats in Ingress are correct, but PoGo is corrupted. So clearly a simple shortfall in PoGo.

As a customer of Niantic I appealed for help, this is what this forum is about. It doesn’t matter on my judgement of the probability.

Although I don’t agree on your conclusion, not to report bugs or send appeals based on Niantics reaction.

I appreciate, we share the judgement that the performance of Niantic to fix this issue is very poor. And it is not to put more emphasis on my personal issue, others experienced this particular bug as well. Obviously this trap still existing is somehow intended.

Dear @NianticGiffard , @NianThib

i just wanted to bring to your attention, this issue will have its first year anniversary soon.