Denied as Low Quality

This was just denied as low quality? I specifically nominated it as Tittabawassee Pathway, which is exactly what it is and is legible in the photo.

Comments

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the problem with the photo is that it covers too much stuff - only around 5% of the picture is the thing you nominated.

In the future, try to make the point being nominated at least 80% of your primary picture (20% of your Supporting Picture). In this case, you could have zoomed in on the sign, with maybe a bit of the black fence it's on.

• Trimenes6-PGOTrimenes6-PGO Posts: 49 ✭✭

Good point! It was approved after the third time.

I just submitted this nomination. It was denied as low quality photo and fake nomination. It's not fake because this location is real and I pinned it to its location. I clearly stated in my description that its a new pathway opened in 2020. This just doesn't make sense to me.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you making photospheres? If not, I recommend you download the Google Streetview app and make them when you submit things that are new. It will usually get you past fake nomination and location rejects.

No, I have not done photospheres. I had to look it up to see what it those were. I will try that next time.

I took the picture at an angle because my shadow was in the picture and I wanted to avoid that situation.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Could you share the location of the trail? I actually grew up not far from Garfield Rd (Kawkawlin/Auburn area). I tried finding the trails and didn't see much on Satellite, but obviously you said it's new. You may really need to reevaluate how you're doing your supporting section. Your photos will need to "prove" location as well as the importance of the trail since some people may think you aren't being genuine. If you have any web articles, you could include those as well.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shadows are also bad mojo, so that’d understandable, nevertheless reviewers like images that are centered, straight, and square. Angles like this one, despite the fact that it clearly shows the subject, tend to garner disfavor. I’d encourage experimentation in getting lower and moving off to one side in order to capture the sign straight on without a shadow intruding.

That said, if reviewers don’t have a reason to think this is here at all, you have a bigger problem than an image at a steep angle.

It's actually located in Freeland, Michigan behind the Sports Zone. And it certainly is a significant public pathway. The Tittabawassee/Kochville Pathway is a large multi-use pathway in Saginaw County. My second attempt was again rejected as mismatched and as private property/farm, which is absolutely ridiculous. The pathway runs on a public right-away. I don't nominate fake locations. As a reviewer, I try not not be ridiculously nitpicky.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Not too familiar with Freeland but I've been through a few times. Maybe next time I go by I'll see if it still hasn't gone in. I'd recognized "Tittabawassee" pretty quickly.

Without being able to see much more:

Include a supporting photo showing the building or nearby park, if close enough.

Trail is new, but supporting photo shows nearby ____ for location verification. Weblink below [maybe from a news site or parks & rec] further supports authenticity of trail. Trails like this provide valuable safe outdoor walking areas or commuter alternatives and connect the neighborhood to key locations.

Is more or less my go-to Supporting text for these types of trails.

Let it sit in voting for a little bit "locally" (without an upgrade) and I should be able to see it, or tag me when you submit and it's in voting. I'm pretty sure that will fall in my home location and I could give better feedback, unless you share more screenshots of exact location and supporting text you've been using.

Any reason why this would be rejected as a nomination? It is a local restaurant pinned to the correct location.

• Melurra-PGOMelurra-PGO Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

The reasons you mentioned are the bare minimum for it not to be rejected, not why it should be accepted. What makes it stand out from other restaurants that would make it a good place to explore and/or gather? From the photo and description, it looks like a generic unauthentic American-style Asian-catchall restaurant. (Like what's going on here? Did they misspell "hibachi" or is it supposed to mean something else? If they did misspell hibachi, why is it a buffet restaurant and not a hibachi restaurant?)

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll need to show reviewers that it's somehow unique or special to the area. You can provide links to articles about the restaurant's popularity or history if there are any. If there aren't, it probably won't get accepted.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Restaurants rarely meet criteria. You need to provide links to prove its relevance, such as awards won, famous dishes, etc. Just saying “this is popular” or “this is local” will not meet the necessary threshold for a restaurant nomination.