Photos you review where you select between other rejection criteria or meets criteria

When you are reviewing photos themselves only, you either mark them as other rejection criteria or all photos meet criteria.

What happens to the photos you select other rejection criteria on? where do the photos come from? A combination of nomination, already existing wayspots and supporting photos taken from players nominating the objects/places?

Comments

• Tntnnbltn-INGTntnnbltn-ING Posts: 809 Ambassador

“When that happens, reviewers are asked to review all the photos of the wayspot, including the new submission.”

Minor correction: Only one of the existing photos is shown, not all of them.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Through the years, I've reviewed photos on hundreds of familiar wayspots.

The process is initiated because someone did Edit -> Add a photo

The review always shows all photos - the original, existing that were added long ago, and the newly submitted.

If any photo is voted not valid, it is removed (if existing) or not added (if new).

In fact, this is the way to get an invalid photo off of a wayspot. For example, if it has a person, is terribly blurry, looks obscene, etc. Sometimes these invalid photos have a ton of votes (because photo-likes formerly determined gym, so people manipulated it), so they're perpetually the primary picture. But even if it isn't primary, invalid photos trash up the system and are annoying. So, submit a new picture to get the old one removed.

• Spinky108-PGOSpinky108-PGO Posts: 104 ✭✭

If that's true about this being a way to get rid of invalid photos off of a wayspot, then that is what I assumed myself happens when I select 'doesn't meet criteria'.