Waystops manipulation?

There are two way stops nearby at a train station that are in game two different stops in Pokémon go. But is actually just one large mural on a wall.

Also in game, the way stops are not anywhere near the wall as there is trains in the way. One stop has been manipulated to walkway and other side of the train station and the other is kind of in a car park.

Every time tried editing locations it has been rejected. Can two way stops be of the same work of art? Also a bit unclear on access to pedestrians as it is a train station but the art is on the wall on a spot you can’t stand nearby other then on the actual platform. Can anyone clarify this?

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to appeal these in the "Invalid Waystop Appeals" section. If you can get a Photosphere or a Geotagged photo of the real position of the mural that might help Niantic when they review the appeal.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Would you be comfortable sharing more information about the location of these Wayspots?

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's also possible to report them to the Wayfarer support chat, but I've had a mixed bag with that.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Regarding access being restricted to those on the platform, that is not an issue. It doesn’t need to be accessible to every single person. So you can put that concern to one side.

You say deliberate manipulation of the pin placement so do the points just nudge in to different L17 cells?

There could be 2 separate wayfinders submitting a different times. It’s not always easy to get the position spot as depends on how the submitter interprets what they see

I appreciate you may not want to say but if you let us know we can look at it.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s kind of hard to determine precisely what the issue is here, but at one point in the old Operation Portal Recon system, location data from the image was used for the pin, which resulted in POI placement where the photographer was standing, rather than where the subject was. If I read this post correctly, these might be spots from that era.

I’m confused about whether or not this mural even has pedestrian access (“there is trains in the way”). Perhaps they should be submitted for removal rather than repositioning?

• Mungo83-PGOMungo83-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

As you can see from that photo it is one long mural and it is two different waypoints/Pokémon stops that have been moved I think so that another stop was made into a gym.

now that I’m cleared up that it’s ok that you can make a way stop like a mural on a wall like this thanks for clearing that up. Just not sure about the two stops for one piece of art.

Yeah. The mural is on a wall in which the train goes past. You can stand on the platform form or in the car park.

• VladDraco-PGOVladDraco-PGO Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭

Oh god!!!

This mural should definitely be removed from the database as the access to it is highly dangerous.

Except maybe for Chuggington peoples but they probably don't play Niantic games as they don't have hands.

I’ll try again then. When I get the rejection again I’ll post an appeal

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what I'm getting about everyone here is that:

If the mural is on the wall of a railway corridor, then it should be removed due to pedestrian access (i.e. it is not sufficient to be able to touch the other side of the wall where the mural is, assume that I am standing at point X and the mural is the orange line)?

This mural is long enough to have some additional parts (there's a break in the artwork) as long as it tells a different part of the story (i.e. complete randomness by student designs at a local state school)... well not really. Actually the mural has four different active wayspots represented to it, all different parts of it. All of them are misplaced.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

Use for nominations that do not have a safe, pedestrian pathway leading to the object. Note that it is not sufficient to be able to access the nomination from a nearby sidewalk. There must be a pedestrian walkway or a trail leading all the way to the object. Remote nominations, such as those on mountain tops or on small islands, are acceptable if they can safely be accessed on foot.

So this needs to be rejected, or removed if already live.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a case not to long ago, down in the Removal Appeals section, of a picture on the wall next to a drive thru lane. There was no way to reach it without standing in the lane. It seemed a clear case for removal, but the removal appeal in this forum was declined. None of the moderators answered requests for clarification as to why. My personal guess is because they wayspots had been misplaced. The misplaced wayspot locations did meet pedestrian accessibility.

TLDR, if you want them deleted, it's best to move the wayspots to the wall with a move request, then do a delete request.

Well that's what I'm also asking because they are all misplaced and if they placed where they are supposed to be along the mural you'd be in a line along the wall. People would be in the car park and one in the over head walkway. Would one or two be accepted as pedestrian accessible? But I think PkmnTrainerJ-ING cleared that up.

The pedestrian access explanation is very widely open to interpretation. I could put in an entire bugbear about rural communities not having any sidewalks to begin with but I'd rather not.

If you've been trying to move the mural segments over to the wall from the platform and reviewers have been constantly rejecting those edits, use the previous rejection email and submit a Location Edit Appeal to prove that it's actually on the wall and not on the platform/overhead walkway. If you're lucky, Niantic will instead efficiently reject the location appeal and retire the wayspot instead.

Seems like the reviewers in your area aren't really reviewing carefully.

I think what they have done is move the Waystops around to make a gym/benefit at train station in the pokemon game (I think I read somewhere you need 4). Got me curious to ask about the one long mural (in segments) and the placement of all the different Waystops.

I asked someone to check. All the portals were approved more than 5 years ago. There is no manipulation, just bad placement by the original submitters (trying to pin the location in the original Ingress, not prime was a nightmare). Three of the wayspots are all pinned on the platform, one on the overhead pass and one in the carpark.

yeah I'm still learning how all this works. I'm using pokemon go and saw them move it around in there from the platform from memory. Took me awhile to reach a level to start asking questions or asking for edits on that game.