Nomination frustrations

Relatively new to nominating stops and my first few were rejected on what I now understand were decent reasons, poor photos or no pedestrian access etc. However I still get constant rejections when there clearly isn't an issue. This can be things like no pedestrian access when it's literally on a pavement or poor orientation when the orientation is perfect. Another one is constantly getting duplicate responses so I go back to check and there's nothing else like that around so clearly not duplicate. Also some rejection ground's such as natural features don't appear the rejection criteria page when learning how to approve and reject. Very frustrating process especially when you see some of the nonsense that does get approved. My most recent rejection was a welcome to a village sign, signs I've seen approved in loads of places, reasons stating no pedestrian access despite being an obvious pavement next to it!

Tagged:

Comments

• thecouncilllor-PGOthecouncilllor-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

It does actually come up now when it's a way stop in other Niantic game's so you do know before hand. I can't be too annoyed because it's a free game but especially with cost of fuel at the moment more stops where live would be ideal. I'm nominating real stuff though not like random things. My own street most frustrating as absolutely zero points of interest!

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

A village welcome sign does not meet any criteria. People don't gather there to socialize, or get out of the car to explore it. It is not part of an exercise trail.

I wish the duplicate nomination email gave the name of the Wayspot(s) flagged as duplicate.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was the sign only rejected for pedestrian access or did it also have something like "Other Rejection Criteria" or a photo rejection? It's not uncommon for one rejection reason to be total nonsense. In that case, it's best to focus on the other ones that make sense and fix those instead of losing sleep over the illogical one.