Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Wayspot Edit Submissions Don't Appear in Contribution Management

Cancun101-PGOCancun101-PGO Posts: 69 ✭✭

This one seems fairly obvious and straightforward, and I'm surprised I haven't found anyone else mentioning something similar in my searches. Kinda makes me wonder if I'm just missing something obvious here.

Issue Description

Anyway, in short, any wayspot edits of any kind I've submitted do not appear on my contribution management page, despite the confirmation email indicating that I can "check the status of my submission" there (see a full example quote below). This issue applies to any modification to an existing wayspot I make in game, such as Title/Description Edits, Photo Submissions, Location Edits, Category Suggestions, and the like.

Here's an example of the text from a photo submission confirmation email:

Your Photo will be reviewed by the Wayfarer community according to the Wayfarer Criteria. You can also check the status of your submission in your Contribution Management page, but you’ll receive a notification email once the community has come to a collective decision. Note that submissions take approximately 30 minutes to sync with your management page. 

The affected edit submissions don't appear after 30 minutes as the submission confirmation email indicates they should, nor do they ever appear. That said, the edit submissions do actually go into voting, and I've received a "submission accepted" email for most of the edit submissions I've made. Even after being accepted, however, the submission never appears in contribution management.

All that said, new waystop submissions appear on the contribution management page as normal – I haven't had any trouble with any of those disappearing as other people seem to have had recently. Only the **edits** to existing wayspots do not appear on my contribution management page, and this has been the case since I started as a wayfarer a few months ago.

Device Information

I have made all submissions through the Pokémon Go app on my iPhone 7.

I always access the Wayfarer portal site on my 2019 MacBook Pro 16" (Intel i9) with macOS Monterey 12.3.1, using Google Chrome Version 101.0.4951.54 (Official Build) (x86_64) as my browser.

Photos/Screenshots

I've included screenshots of the emails I received when I submitted one particular photo addition to a wayspot – both the confirmation that the upload was received on 4/23 and the notice that the photo was accepted on 5/7.

I've also included screenshots of my Contribution Management page showing that the photo submission above does not appear in the list, even with all filter options checked or when I search for the title of the wayspot the photo was submitted to. All items that show up on that page are new wayspot nominations. There are at least a couple dozen photo submissions, title/description edits, GPS location edits, and the like that do not appear in the list in addition to the one example from the above photos.

8 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are missing something - the feature simply isn't live yet. The emails were updated to refer to the functionality, and the tab was renamed from "nominations" to "contributions" in preparation for when it eventually does go live, but they've not yet enabled the ability to see edits and photo submissions in your contributions tab.

• Himillsy-PGOHimillsy-PGO Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

niantic won't remove it from the emails for some reason, confusing everybody. we've been waiting for this ability for months.

you need to save your emails to see what you've submitted and eventually you'll get an email once the edit has been decided. this could take anywhere from days to years, depending on where you made the edit.

all we know is they will implement this feature "soon" which will probably take several more months, especially with the new update fiasco

• Cancun101-PGOCancun101-PGO Posts: 69 ✭✭

@HankWolfman-PGO @Himillsy-PGO That was my first guess as to what was going on. Sounds like this should go in the Known Issues section, even if things are working as (temporarily) intended for now. Point is, the emails indicate there should be a live feature present which isn't there – that's an issue, even if not technically a bug. I see no meaningful difference here between the feature being currently broken with a fix in progress and it being a not yet implemented work in progress.

• SillyCuddleBudy-PGOSillyCuddleBudy-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

This is a BUG. It has now been MONTHS. How does a big company send out thousands of INCORRECT emails for MONTHS and not fix it, or reword the emails until it is fixed????

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a bug. It's intentional. They just haven't got around to implementing the update that makes it so that edits show on the contributions tab yet. It will go live eventually.

• Kaiusto-INGKaiusto-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

A year has passed, does Niantic ever acknowledged this?