Please, restore removed portal "Krzyż przy strudze".

Title of the Wayspot: Krzyż przy strudze

City: Skępe

Screenshot of the Rejection Email: Not applicable

Additional information:

I don't know why this portal was removed, probably "for no pedestrian access".

Below is a situational sketch on the Google satellite map.

(1.) Cross "Krzyż przy strudze" (removed portal)

(2.) Roadside - in polish law it is a separate road lane intended for pedestrian traffic - similar to a city pavement.

(3.) Grassy, safety road to the cross (from the end of pavement).

Pedestrian access is provided to the cross (1.) along the roadside (2.) and then you can go through the road facing the cross. You can also walk to the cross on the other side of the road. From the point where the sidewalk ends, there is a safe grassy shoulder (3.) at least 2 m wide at every point on the road to the cross. There is a grassy, hard, mowed ground next to the cross, allowing for a gathering of at least a dozen people.

The photos and video at the link below shows the safety way to the cross from the end of sidewalk.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vvwtrCbGS52awD5T9

Please, restore this portal.

Tagged:

Comments

• Appeal Denied - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We have taken another look but stand by our decision to retire this Portal.

• LerionMW-INGLerionMW-ING Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

I am very sorry and sad for this decision. For me, it means discrimination against poorer places in small towns and villages. There are not all sidewalks for pedestrians in Poland - local governments do not always have the money for such activities, but residents can safely walk along the roadsides or, for example, on a grassy, ​​mowed area along the road (like here). This cross is an object of Christian worship. It is regularly decorated with flowers and the surroundings are cleaned. During the May prayers, a dozen or so people gather next to him. If he were in a dangerous place it wouldn't be possible.

It is a characteristic place, recognizable, worth being a portal. For example, it was one of the subjects of the outdoor photography - as can be seen in the photo below from the post-plein-air publication. Do you really think @NianticSC C that the people in the photo are in a place with no safe foot access? Doesn't my photos and video show that the access is safe? So what criteria must the portal meet in order to have safe access to it, if it is not enough to have a safe **** of land next to the road and a dozen or so meters of ground around the object? Please take a second look at this matter.