Criteria for manual review by Niantic

Would it be possible for Niantic to post some basic criteria in Wayfarer Help or Criteria to explain "In Voting" escalation (when the Niantic logo appears next to "In Voting")?

I'm curious to know what responses typically trigger a manual review, since that is obviously costly compared to community review. For example, would that mean that out of 100 reviews of a Wayspot, there is less than 66% agreement among reviewers? For another example, perhaps it could also mean that a single reviewer made a case for abuse, so escalation is a matter of urgency?

I want to thank both @01waynomo-PGO and @NianticGiffard for the discussion "Niantic Logo with In Voting." The information was news to me, and I found it helpful. I hope at a minimum that this information finds its way into the Help pages.

Tagged:

Comments

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may be confused about what you are asking but I thought a Niantic review means your submission has been randomly chosen to be reviewed by Niantic because they have a legal obligation to review a certain amount?

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly, it's just random.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

From Niantic's lawsuit settlement, item 7g on page 4:

Niantic agrees that it shall manually review a statistically significant percentage of new POI submissions via a Niantic employee or contractor for the principal purpose of trying to avoid POI that are more likely to lead to issues with nuisance or trespass. 

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO DIVISION

IN RE POKÉMON GO NUISANCE LITIGATION Case No. 3:16-cv-04300-JD

ORDER APPROVING CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT AND ENTRY OF FINAL JUDGMENT