Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Wayfarer Update: Unable to withdraw from "in voting"

Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,535 Ambassador

Title says it.

Since the new update, users are unable to withdraw a nomination already in voting.

There used to be an "edit" button we could select (even though you couldn't edit if in voting) that gave the "withdraw" option, however the interface has been changed to remove the button.

Please restore the option to withdraw a nomination in voting.

Please note: this is not a nomination marked "upgrade next." All nominations in voting are unable to be withdrawn.

Tagged:
23 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• JMcQueen81-PGOJMcQueen81-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

It's been this way since well before the recent update. I had a nomination go into voting after an identical nomination was accepted a month ago, and I was sad I couldn't withdraw it.

Also, do we know the update is complete? Perhaps it's still a work in progress?

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Yes, plenty of good reason to withdraw nominations which are currently being voted on. I do not see any benefit to makiong this sudden change. Who thought this was a good idea? Naintic philosophy: "if it's not yet broken, let's try and break it".

To further elaborate on what was said previously, if two people were to nomiante the same object or building and one is accepted before the other nomiantion, if the person who nomianted the still " in voting" nomination noticed their nomination is going to now become a duplicate, why wouldn't tey want to withdraw their nomination? It being voted on still is goiong to waste reviewer's time!!

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

You were never able to withdraw nominations that were "In Voting", upgraded, or selected to be upgraded next. The fact that the option was still there even though you couldn't withdraw was itself a bug.

• ArabellaArdelia-PGOArabellaArdelia-PGO Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

both of these examples were withdrawn while “in voting”, for those of you saying it’s not a new issue. Also had a third example as recently as last week, where I had nominated Object A, then realized Object B was within less than 5 meters of it and would make a better nomination so withdrew A and submitted B instead - while A was in voting. Right before the maintenance. So yes, up until the day this website layout change happened, you could withdraw from in-voting as long as the nomination wasn’t designated as “upgrade next”.

Post edited by ArabellaArdelia-PGO on
  • flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Additional screen captures to support this bug on desktop and mobile (Chrome browser).

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wondering if this going to get addressed because it's concerning. As I said previously, there can be a variety of reasons to withdraw whilst in voting. Especially now that nominations accepted within 20m of another are not being deleted. If one only notices their nomination is a duplicate until after it's gone into voting (nominations in my area go into voting pretty much as soon as early as they can do; a couple of days at most) so and it's entirely possible a person forgets to check (or another nomination is accepted in the meanwhile) and then wastes reviewer time because they are unable to withdraw.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticDanbocat i think it would be better to just get a decision on these candidates, instead of letting people delete the stuff that is in voting.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

of course, you are right, @ArabellaArdelia-PGO

things should never be that long in review. Niantic needs to give things first in first out, and not let hundred-thousands of wayspots linger for 18+ months.

Everyone should have full control over the candidates. After all, it would be better to get a decision on the candidates.

• AIIStarZz-PGOAIIStarZz-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

So what is the point of reviewing and nominated then? Since your upgrade is used automatically, there is a chance that you can upgrade a nomination that you might have messed up on. If you review you will have to keep an eye on your percent and nominate something before you get your upgrade and then up grade that one. That seems like a lot of work for a game. It is suppose to be fun and rewarding to get new pokestops in your area but now it has become stressful and time consuming. There needs to be a time out/expiration for nominations. If you it is in voting for over 3 months it should get erased. There are a lot of people that have nominated and do not play anymore but their nominations are clogging up the reviews. Mine has been in voting coming up on a year and I know it it going to get denied but I'm hesitant to review because I don't want it to get auto-upgraded. We need to be able to withdraw any nomination at anytime.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone, this seems to have been resolved by today's bugfix update. I was able to withdraw my submission that was "In Voting" after someone else got the same location accepted.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,535 Ambassador

This bug is back @NianticTintino-ING... It temporarily was gone but now I can't withdraw anything in voting, despite knowing a few that have already resolved from other folks nominating. Mine will take years to go through.

• Himillsy-PGOHimillsy-PGO Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

this used to be a thing? i started back in february and this was never an option for me

It should be obvious from the context of this thread that it used to be. We used to be able to withdraw "in voting" at launch of the Wayfarer website. An "update" removed that option, but it was later added back. A subsequent upgrade reverted back to where we can't withdraw "in voting," which is why I'm bringing it up again.

• Hi @Gendgi-PGO, thanks for sharing (and for adding it to the original thread for context). Checking in on it now.

• Himillsy-PGOHimillsy-PGO Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

okay, but you make it sound like it's a very recent bug. which is why i am asking, since i was pretty sure this option hasn't been available for several months. i'm wondering why you are just now bringing it up, or if i was just misinformed these last several months and i could actually withdraw in voting nominations during that time. because that would have been extremely helpful.

the timeline from this thread appears to be that it was fixed in september 2021, and then there was a large gap with no more reports until just now.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

This bug was temporarily fixed? Why didn't I hear about this? I have so many riding through my two year backlog in this area that are now duplicates.

I'm bumping it because the moderator was active. There are/were other reports but this had the context that the issue was actually resolved at one point.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is from the April AMA:

1. Why can’t we withdraw “in voting” nominations?
      1. Again, we don’t disagree with you. This has always been in our backlog and it’s something we haven’t gotten around to.

Meanwhile, I have a nomination that accidentally triggered Niantic voting because of the artist's surname appearing in the URL (Dickinson) and now they will review a nomination called "t".

I tried to ask Wayfarer support. This was their lovely response.

FIX FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.