Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Scout and Guide Huts

2»

Answers

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

K-12 is only a "clear" rejection to those who fully understand both the submission guidelines AND what Niantic considers to be "K12". Apparently there are some locations where there is a "dual use" agreement between the schools and the municipality; however those (still being on K12 property proper), are rightfully to be denied as per Niantic's directives. This was literally answered by Niantic Casey in The Thread That Shall Not Be Named before it was closed and deleted.

And to repeat myself, a "reason for rejection that a reviewer knows because they passed the test" is not the same as "abuse because a submitter did not even try to pass the test and so has not read anything". You can't conflate "clear rejection" with "abuse". One requires ignorance, the other ill or selfish intent.

You're not the Niantic Police. Nor the Niantic Judge. At best, with the terrible analogy, the Niantic Jury Of Their Peers.

• Dice3423-INGDice3423-ING Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭

For K-12 abuse should be marked. It has had a long enough discussion on it. Continually bringing up K12 stuff is ridiculous.

@0X00FF00-ING If a person is submitting without wanting to take the test, that is on them not the reviewers. Reviewers job is to follow the guidance of what we are supposed to do. A fake submission is no different than really bad submissions. Fake submissions is clear to mark as abuse. Bad submissions on clear rejections are abuse and should be marked as well. That is what a reviewer is supposed to do.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gabriel0322-PGO there is NO test for submitting. Players just need to reach the required level for their game and they are given free access to submit POI's

But please, keep going ahead and marking as many submissions as abuse as you want to. Niantic have already said previously they take a dim view of people who constantly mark things as abuse when they are not and will take action at against such reviewers.

Niantic seeing repeat offenders to K12 is helping Niantic.

• YouLostAStar-INGYouLostAStar-ING Posts: 280 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went into Red just after PoGo submissions went live and most likely it was because I reported many awful submissions as abuse

@YouLostAStar-ING You went into red because you may have marked the wrong things as abuse when they were in fact valid.

@NianticCasey-ING This thread has had its (correct) answer posted on the first page:

1. Scout Halls that are used exclusively for Scouting activities are to be rejected under the K12 rules
    2. Scout Halls that are rented out to the community for non-Scout activities CAN INDEED be accepted

and the devolved conversation regarding "bad" being conflated with "abuse" is not productive, nor relevant to the topic. At best THAT should be taken up in its own separate thread.

It would be in the best interest of this community for this thread to be closed, before it becomes another Thread That Shall Not Be Named.

@0X00FF00-ING You are the one who is derailing threads though. You might want to learn from your own mistakes.

@0X00FF00-ING point #2 you listed is in correct or is what other people are saying.

@Gabriel0322-PGO I went from Green to Red in 26 reviews so I know what submissions I reviewed and what I did to get there.

there were some shockingly bad submissions that were so bad I hit the abuse button because it was a waste of time for reviewers to even look at them.

niaops clearly felt that I should have simply 1*d them and moved on. Since then I only mark as abuse if submitter tries to conceal information deliberately or claims something meets criteria when it doesn’t and my rating has stayed Green since doing that

My rating is fine and isn't affected reporting valid abuse response.

@YouLostAStar-ING re: the "#2" you say is incorrect. See:

Exclusively Scouting activities = automatic reject under K12

Not-exclusively = potentially eligible.

The quibbling, at best, is from the wibbly language "occasionally used".

December 2017

Q73: In OPR I see more and more submission of scout camp or scout installations. Personnally I would tend to consider these as school as the scouts are mostly children between 6 and 18 years but I would like to know your and Niantic's point of view

A73: We agree.

And 2019 is later than 2017, so you are promoting older information at the expense of people understanding the newer. This behaviour is counterproductive in any public forum.

No I am sharing the correct information that is being ignored. All scout camps and installations are to be rejected because they are k-12. It is the submitters obligation to submit ones that are not for scout camps to prove they are not for scout camps. If the halls are used for other things than they shouldn't be submitted as a scout camp. They should be submitted as a rented hall.

Scout camps and huts are and always was a k-12 rejection.

Rented halls would be required to be reviewed on their own merit. (But any suggestion of k-12 scout camps for the halls would deem the submission illegible.)

Big difference in the discussion @0X00FF00-ING that you are ignoring.

I would roll my eyes at you but you've repeatedly proven yourself incapable of the subtlety. Really really read the full text from the November 2019 AMA regarding Scout/Guide Halls.

"Full-time" is a pretty darned important word, which you're ignoring. Yet makes all the difference in the consequence that sometimes a Scout Hall is not flat-out ineligible.

@0X00FF00-ING Original criteria says no to all scout camps entirely. The November update doesn't say scout camps are allowed. It says locations that are rented out halls are acceptable. The rented hall is what is allowed because the community is allowed to use it for various things.

@0X00FF00-ING , save your breath. I really don't know why we bother trying sometimes. Best just let them go on and on until it follows the same pattern as always on the Ingress forums, the account racks up so many flags that Niantic ban them from posting yet again.

@0X00FF00-ING read the AMA Answer you quoteD at me again, it says quite clearly if it’s a community hall which occasionally has scouting activities then it’s fine.

the example you gave of a scout hall which rents space out is not occasional use.

quite simply a scout hall is a 1*, A community hall owner by someone else which has scout nights is fine.

stop trying to twist AMA answers because you want another pokestop to make a gym

@YouLostAStar-ING you're arguing AT me, not disagreeing with me.

The one thing is strictly forbidden, agreed. Not a soul in this thread has been disagreeing with that point.

The other thing is SOMETIMES allowed, depending on its specific-to-its-own-uniqueness-in-the-world circumstances. THAT is where you both seem to be trying to confuse everybody else. I reiterate the AMA's point, that there is an exclusion-to-the-forbiddenness, and you both keep gaslighting the world by saying "nope it's a certainty with no exemptions possible."

I paraphrase for effect, but not by much.

@0X00FF00-ING you are the one grasping though. If it is Titled a Scout Hall... It is a rejection. If it is Titled Community Hall. It is a accept.

@0X00FF00-ING It would also happen with descriptions. If the description mentions it is used for scouts. it would be a rejection. Instead if it say it is used by the community for various things. it would be accepted.

I call my rose Fred.

You call your Community Centre (with or without a Scout Hall designation) whatever you want, it's still a Community Centre.

I will call that agreeing finally then that community centers are allowed. But with a Scout Hall designation in the title or description it is a rejection.

From November last year when this was last raised

This discussion has been closed.