Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Reviewer rating dropped for no good reason

Comments

• Ellejayess-PGOEllejayess-PGO Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

So I braved a little patch of voting again, big mistake. My score went down again, and now it looks like I've re-triggered the no nominations available bug so my account has ground to a halt. I was voting very slowly (on Australian internet) and carefully and wasn't in disagreement with the community, as my agreements overnight can show.

We've concluded that either it is a bug, or you've created the chaos by setting the honeypot test reviews to tank a person's rating if they give a 3 instead of a 5. I say this because there's no way seasoned reviewers would give a 1 to a 5 star - but people who are voting more carefully than normal give out more 3s.

• InkaSv-PGOInkaSv-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

This can explain what happening. As last reviews does not get for agreement yet - my own submissions are for almost one month in voting. Also people perform less reviews as it take the rating down...

• RyanSiegel-PGORyanSiegel-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭

So... anything? At this point nothing in my local area is passing and whatever does go through reviewing fails (we've had acceptible items fail on a consistent bases with very poor reasons since this all began, for example a mural on a building). Most of us have stopped reviewing along with most of us putting a pause on submitting things.

• Elmek38-INGElmek38-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

My status just changed from red to yellow, have not done any reviews the last days.

• Effigy80-PGOEffigy80-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi all, Did anyone see an update from Casey today?

None of the comments on Casey's page relate to this topic and it's not in the Known Issues section.

Given how many threads this generated, I'd like to see a pinned announcement post for this.

Thanks to those that linked replies across various threads

• AN0NIM07-PGOAN0NIM07-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Seems like @NianticCasey-ING didn't heard any shareable information from the team.

Now, the question is "will this be another HUGE LIMBO-LIKE Bug that Niantic took around 2 year to finally fix?"

• InkaSv-PGOInkaSv-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

So, for 2 years no one will perform reviews?

@NianticCasey-ING just look at review statistics - it's not because of Covid-19, people just afraid to perform review - rating goes to red in a second and we not aware why. So we decide wait to understand what we started to do wrong if with 70% agreements I'm on red...

• AN0NIM07-PGOAN0NIM07-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

It has been more than one month we haven't heard any actual information regarding the situation.

If they can take more than one month to fix some urgent situation like this, then i will not be surprised if they took months to fix anyway.

Also, the limbo problem was same as stucked in "in queue" problem. Old website didn't have any tag like "in queue/in voting". Submissions are often stucked months after months & years after years even though the area had quick process rate. After continuous shouting of around two years by Reviewers, they finally fixed it. I still remember, how many reddit post was posted to express the joy of the process of players old stucked submission.

There was no " withdraw" option too. No "Nomination" tab in old website. So, people have to manually remember their submission via email checking.

• DaleTheWolfdog-PGODaleTheWolfdog-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭

My rating changed too from red to yellow. But tho I was doing some reviews on 01.06. And I stopped and got into yellow. And today I just did one review, and got back to red... (2392 [Yellow] -> 2393 [Poor/Red]).. @NianticCasey-ING Where is our information from yesterday?

Screens:

Before -

After -

Maybe it's not rated about that, but tho people mostly look at it...

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

well when in doubt i would say @NianticCasey-ING would have gotten back to us, as promised. maybe @NianticCasey is home sick - that can happen.

get well, soon, if you are sick.

if you are in office, please get back to us - you promised and did not fulfill.

• GENGOGAKUSHA-PGOGENGOGAKUSHA-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

I started reviewing a couple of weeks ago, and quickly fell from yellow to red. I was notified to redo the test to be qualified again, which I passed. I am now still stuck on yellow. I have noticed that several of my rejections on the basis of location (K-12, private property, etc.) are not agreed upon, and I am amazed that there now are several Wayspots in Norway that indeed are located on school grounds.

The consensus based review process is seriously flawed if it does not have any quality assurance mechanism apart from a qualification/requalification test. It turns into a vicious circle if the conscientious reviewers no longer review, and what is left is a group of novices or others that do not review according to the guidelines, but rather based on other considerations.

Niantic's opaque communication is further demoralising. I will probably stop reviewing until we get more information. I have spent a lot of time on reviewing submissions carefully. But this, paired with rejections of some of my submissions that to my estimation would be eligible according to the criteria, makes me abandon the free labour.

• Dazzz123456-PGODazzz123456-PGO Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
  • bbsamsta-INGbbsamsta-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Update: Im back in green, I got the conclusion that this is only a visual bug, no matter if im in green, yellow or red i have the same rate of agreements of my reviews. I´ve never changed the way i review, so i suggest u to don´t stop reviewing, u will get agreements and is all the same as if u were in green.

• MRimaginarius-PGOMRimaginarius-PGO Posts: 22 ✭✭

sitll have the bug... when I do a rating, like 50-100 review my rating needle goes to the BOTTOM and you even cant see it... then i stop and it goes back to red....and my rating is 70%...

• earthtraveler5-INGearthtraveler5-ING Posts: 3 Ambassador

Waiting for a follow up here @NianticCasey-ING

Thank you

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

If it was just a visual bug, I think we would have had a reply more quickly :)

@NianticCasey-ING mentioned in another topic they were looking how to "demystify" the situation. So either they changed something on the backend, but do not want to explain too much, for fear of people figuring out how to abuse the system (even more).

Or they did something else they do not know how to communicate to the players (fear of protests?).

Agreements still come in, but nothing for the Recon badge and the last time I had a nomination upgraded (Trailbridge), it was rejected for being a Generic Business, Natural Feature and featuring a body part (it didn't).

If this type of Reviewers are the only active ones, I'm not dying to get upgrades.

• Ech0Tom-INGEch0Tom-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭✭

Any updates on this yet?

• kingsman018kingsman018 Posts: 1 ✭✭

@NianticCasey-ING  buenos dias , comentarle que mi barra de calificacion , sigue baja a pesar de las calificaciones y el visto bueno en las nominaciones , la barra llega al 100 % y me dan otro punto pero aun asi la barra sigue en rojo

saludos

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

I’ll weigh in on this to say I haven’t done much reviewing lately but hopped on to do a session today to find my rating in red when it was previously green.

It is not going to encourage people to review more and several are already stopping.

• GENGOGAKUSHA-PGOGENGOGAKUSHA-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

Also, I suspect that the drop to yellow/red Wayfinder rating that many of us are experiencing somehow could be related to the Likert scale rating system consisting of 5 options, applied to the six judgment dimensions. If it is the case that we somehow are penalised for rating anything else than 1, 3 or 5, Niantic should revise the system such that the scale has 3 options instead of 5. That would be more honest and also more intuitive.

But there might also be other solutions. I do not know how Niantic's algorithms work, but the inter-rater agreement could be calculated by other means than reducing the scale into three options (assuming this is a factor in the Wayfinder rating). One way could be to make a correspondance to a 3 scale system, e.g. by pooling 2-3 ratings into 3, and 4-5 ratings into 5, while 1 is 1 regardless. They might already be doing this, for all I know.

• Dazzz123456-PGODazzz123456-PGO Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

Let's not try to think of what maybe wrong here, alot of people have dropped in rating all of a sudden. Niantic just need to answer the question now as they was ment to get back to us on the 1st/2nd of this month and they haven't. I'm guessing they wont come back with an actual answer anytime soon that will categorically say what is wrong. I suspect it will be an answer that can be interpreted in a million different ways and will still not actually explain what has happened or with a fix.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

somehow this started to feel like a David Linch (cant write y) Movie.