Why do reviewers instantly reject Disc/Frisbee golf courses?

Recently nominated several points around a public disc golf course in a city park, and they all came back rejected extremely quickly. I threw on a few screenshots, but there are 5 or 6 nominations with essentially the same result very quickly.

I typically put in more supporting information, but recently have been reading about reviewers on here rejecting nominations due to "feeling pursuaded" by the supporting info, so I stuck to the basics on these that day. I'll revert back to upping communicating, as this feedback obviously didnt yield positive results from the voter base, but my real question is: why were these rejected so fast?

Other nominations can take a week or longer, and these in relation to the disc golf course were shot down within 24-48 hours each, which is odd.

I made an attempt to try a few different types of points of interest including baskets, a picnic area, the signage, and a tee area. I know many reviewers are extremely critical, so I included a variety.

To me, these hit several different criteria and should be an obvious nomination. Place to socialize, place to exercise, and a place to explore as the course is across a park. Obviously safe, public, and even hits on multiple categories Niantic's example list (park, sports field, public exercise equipment). Why are reviewers instantly rejecting this stuff?

Comments

• MysticCapybara-PGOMysticCapybara-PGO Posts: 25 ✭✭

The reviewer probably only like ball golf.

In all seriousness though the chains are probably a no go but the hole markers should be acceptable just like any other trail marker. Good luck though seems like it’s just not gonna happen in your area.

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi!

As Elijustrying-ING mentioned, individual holes on a golf or disc course aren't eligible, you need to nominate this course as a whole place and it should be accepted.

As for picnic area, it might be eligible too, but you need to focus your nomination more on picnic tables - make main photo much closer to them, to show they're permament, maybe made title without mentioning disc course too.

It would be much easier to get it accepted if there is more than one table and maybe some barbecue area (I think I see one in your photo, but you need to show it better as it's not that easy to see especially for reviewers doing reviewes on they mobiles).

So, focus your main photo on tables and barbecue area more, focus your text on it too, it might help.

And for both nominations: If they're in a park, make sure that they're visible on streetview or are visible on photosphere before you nominate them. You can make your own photospheres for them using Google Street View app if there isn't any photosphere or streetview that shows them.

This should help getting it accepted too, as things not visible on streetview and map view (they have big chance of being hidden by trees on map view, as they're in a park) are much more likely to get rejected as reviewers can't really confirm they location if they're hidden by trees.

I hope with these tips it will be easier to get you something accepted soon. Good luck!

• PepeFuentez-PGOPepeFuentez-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭

I'll definitely try submitting the entire disc golf course, but there is no sign or anything for "the whole" disc golf course.

What should my picture be of?

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Often people use the first tee as an anchor - I reviewed a well written one today

So say that is what it is.

if there is a website put that in supplementary info.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Absent a sign or map, the first tee is an acceptable anchor for the disc golf course as a whole. Make sure you name it for the whole course, not the first tee, to make clear that’s what you’re nominating.

The picnic area… we’ve had a few threads about this, and a picnic area without a sign or a shelter is a really tough sell. That’s not just for a disc golf area, but a park, a church, a common area of an apartment complex, outside a business… all these kinds of locations have these type of picnic areas, and they’re all very difficult to get approved. They read to reviewers as tables and benches, and especially when the tables and benches do not appear to be permanently installed, they don’t come across as winners. If you can figure out a way to convey permanence, relevance, and eligibility to something like this, please let us know so we can use your technique.

Post edited by X0bai-PGO on
  • Stentorious-PGOStentorious-PGO Posts: 50 ✭✭

I agree with what is posted above about the first hole to cover the whole course as a stop. Anyone who plays disc golf on these courses generally should be focused on safety and awareness not hitting stop after stop, you are either slowing play for the group behind you or possibly walking into a players area if you are head down on your phone. And by “you” of course I mean some one else who plays pogo definitely you would never do that.

• PepeFuentez-PGOPepeFuentez-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭

I did already nominate the 1st Tee, and it was also insta-rejected. I'll try a similar nomination without specifying the tee and just label it as a disc golf course next time.

• CarsraC-INGCarsraC-ING Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited July 2022

I will give it a try. For me it is difficult as it is so unique it does not fit in a box. Is it a sport field. Is it a playground, Is it sport. Yes it is something locally. So my suggestion give an unique name, but place in the description what is. Or in the motivation. Place it in a box. So motivate is as "Public exercise equipment that is on a safe place."

And make sure it is unique.

But you can also go for Art. Sell it as an unique artwork in middle in a park placed in 2019, but now used daily by strange men with flying disks. Every body understand art is a waypoint.

Post edited by CarsraC-ING on
  • CarsraC-INGCarsraC-ING Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited July 2022

And for the rest of the waypoints they are unique information bords. And the description you tell what info it on there.

A title "Brookwood Tee # 1" the title need to be short. The story comes in the description. Pictures are good.

Description "Information board that markes the start of the course at Tee #1 at Brookwood"

In the motivation. "Unique information boards for an unique sport." In the motivation you can also help and tell how to vote. Do not say IHMO "Good pokemon go stop" or anything that will give a reviewer a reason to reject the thing.

• Sinxiri-PGOSinxiri-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

Perhaps another thought. Here are except the mini golf courses no public available golf courses. They are private and you need to be in the club to enter and use them.

Perhaps this was also a point for the reviewer?

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

It may have been, but it should not be. Clubs, apartment complexes, businesses, and other private locations are acceptable. Only single-family private residential property is forbidden.