Upgraded vs Non Upgrades

Hey,

I have nominated a few places where i live and upgraded the first one i nominated. Now a few days later i nominated a new location in the same area...

The newer and non upgraded is currently being voted on but not my upgraded one.

Why is that ? Are the upgrades really that useless ? Why bother getting points and reviewing other´s nominations when upgrades are seemingly useless...

Tagged:

Comments

• Farbsturm-PGOFarbsturm-PGO Posts: 22 ✭✭

Well consider yourself lucky, depending on where you are nominating it can take really long till the nominations get to voting phase. I don't know the algorithm niantic is using but in most cases the nominations with upgrade are way faster in voting and also faster trough voting, so upgrades aren't useless when a stop is already in voting phase.

• spiesr-INGspiesr-ING Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭

There is a randomized time delay between when something is submitted and when it becomes able to go into voting. Upgrades cannot skip this delay.

Unless submissions normally get review real fast in your area, the upgraded one is still likely to reach a decision first.

• Wargorfs-PGOWargorfs-PGO Posts: 48 ✭✭

Thank you @spiesr-ING 👍️

Niantic sure don´t give much info on things like this to newcomers :P

@Farbsturm-PGO , Well i will just have to wait and see what happens then 😎 Currently got 3 in voting and 1 that has been declined as a double :/ even tho there is no stop there...

Just love the trolls of this review community 🤨 Should be like i read somewhere a time ban