Why?

T: Source to Sea by Kirsty Brooks and Max Jacquard

D: Chelmsford City Council promoted art installation, installed in 2009 a Stairwell Window in screen printed acid etch enamels on glass

SI: PLEASE NOTE ANY URLs below do not appear in the final Wayspot and do not warrant rejection for URL content they are to help you evaluate the submission. Chelmsford City Council promotes Art in public places and in new development schemes as a great way to celebrate Chelmsford and strengthen local and cultural identity. Further details here: https://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/leisure-theatres-and-museums/blue-plaques-and-public-art/public-art-in-chelmsford/?entryid1273=2489657&p=5

************************************************************************************

Other Rejection Criteria - 'No really good reason to reject but we know rejections get us more agreements so we will just select this option

************************************************************************************

Sickening for the amount of time spent by submitters, totally disregarded by arm chair agreement hunters.

Niantic fix your broken rewards system if people got 10 agreements for everything that went into the game then their reviewing patterns would change, its not based on fact but what they can get out of it, after all your getting their time for free. and rejections have a better chance of that reward at the end.

Just to add I get around 50% of my submissions in first time and the vast majority after 3 submissions max. I already know what is right or wrong but then its the Russian roulette of who reviews

How do we fix this problem? I suggest finding the right balance for agreements on rejections and approvals where approvals award more agreements

Comments

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

This should be accepted.

It is going to be tricky to get a really good picture - you certainly want to avoid the glare.

Personally I would title it Artwork - Source to Sea ( opinions may vary)

in the description I would use phrases like unusual piece of public art, using the technique…. I would give the Artists in the description.

For supplementary how about this is the url of the official site - note placed here to help reviewers , but not part of the description.

personally your phrasing is fine but if it rubs some people up the wrong way then avoid it.

• PitBullSX-INGPitBullSX-ING Posts: 29 ✭✭

I don;t get it If you know that URL rejection applies only to Title & Description, then you are seeing a statement that is helpful to those that don't. It is not trying to influence the review as no one should be selecting URL as a rejection reason when they do not exist in said title or description. As for what it is its a piece of Art sponsored by the Council, the description of what it is "a Stairwell Window in screen printed acid etch enamels on glass" pretty much describes the what, its name is the name of the piece of Art given by the Artist and agreed by the council and how it is listed on the council site. Due to the size it is difficult to get any further away to take a picture without it becoming more obscured by trees. I guess its the old story of trekking back out taking another photo put the bullet in the chamber and spin and pull trigger. Really shouldn't be this difficult or time consuming

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

The URL statement is condescending. Reviewers are people and talking down to them will lose you votes.

As for the subject itself, after going over this thread many times and reading the whole supporting link at least twice, I still don’t know what “screen printed acid etched enamels on glass” is, so I have to disagree that such a statement “describes the what” with the simplicity that most reviewers will need.

I’m not saying this isn’t eligible. I think it is, and I think I would have voted for it on the strength of the supporting link, despite my own gaps in understanding. But I don’t think the nomination as a whole conveys eligibility very clearly.

So having had a number of perfectly good (and I mean ones that I know are valid and likely to pass first time, second if I get unlucky) With all the extra effort I put in to gather the supporting information for the reviewers with links to the factual information behind the nomination be it council, artist, blogs etc Then having these stops rejected (and there were several) fro URL content when there was none then there was obviously a significant number of reviewers who were unaware that URLS in The supporting information were not a reason for rejection and so I decided adding that made sense, If you know then you just go fair enough I knew that and if you don't you go ah so it only applies to title and description I'll review on that basis going forwards. It was not meant to be condescending and having re-read I don;t think it is. Unless your are in the third group how do I reject this as rejection get me more agreements and I don;t care about the effort put in for the nomination.

Seriously if anyone still chose URL as a rejection reason after having it spelt out for them then Niantic should review whether they should be allowed to carry out any further reviews.

I am going to add a URL to the Artist description as well when I resubmit, I'll see if I can get a better photo but with the Trees in full leaf you can only take visible photo's relatively close up.

I had about 12 submissions to refine when I got in that night so missed the opportunity to do in depth as I was working off the council list.

I had guessed at what it was meant to depict as I live local and know the topology of the region. We have two major rivers and a third in the area and that is what is being depicted here.

https://www.axisweb.org/p/kirstybrooks/workset/74860-source-to-sea/

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this info in the link it immediately tells me why it's important locally and negates the initial someone is submitting a stairwell impression from the picture submission.

I think you might struggle to impress with the picture as it's tricky to make it look good but 'rework' and add to the above text for description and support and hopefully you'll get an accept.

Good luck.