Getting Similar things to review constantly now I'm barred for two hours

So I've been barred from voting for 2 hours because Niantic keeps giving me playgrounds, gazebos, and big box stores to review. What the hell do they want from me? To look at a gazebo carefully for the 100th time and decide is this gazebo better than the one from 2 choices ago? Give me a break.

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,127 Ambassador

You need to take your time to assess each one. Cool-downs happen if you’re too quick.

• Kind of hard to take your time when it is all the same you know? But if it stops me from being an anomaly to them, I'll just sit on it for a bit before hitting submit. Honestly I'm surprised a lot of these places (gazebos, numbered sports fields, etc) aren't already a stop. Most of the gazebos I get are in spots with 10 other stops, so obviously it meets the criteria.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are still things you can constructively do.

• Switch from street view to satellite and zoom in. (Sometimes this is just fun.)
    • Click the title to open a google search on it, to see if it's a chain.
    • For church playgrounds, make sure they don't have a kindergarten (click the google logo lower left - the results should have a link to the church website.)
    • Write something helpful in the Comments - Niantic staff will see that if the nomination is appealed.(Like, the church kindergarten link, or any link or observation that could help)

• Allegingtuna-PGOAllegingtuna-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭✭

I used to get this problem too and found that reviewing slower and taking more time between reviews helped me not get cooldowns.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ever watch baseball and see hitter tap his foot before swinging? That’s a timing mechanic to help him to keep from swinging too early. Wayfarer reviewers may also need a timing mechanic; I know I do.

I suggest scrolling to the bottom of every nomination and interacting with the map or street view, even for a little bit. Then scroll back up to the top and review as you please. You’ll glance at the supporting on the way up and down and every once in a (rare) while something worth a second look will catch your eye. But you won’t catch a cooldown any more.