Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Multiple Approved way points not showing.

I play pokemon go and have had multiple submissions for stops approved, but don't appear in the actual game. One approved as far back as may and one approved just recently.

I am unsure of what to do about this.

Tagged:
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• ClassicBoonie-PGOClassicBoonie-PGO Posts: 113 ✭✭
    edited July 2022

Check Ingress. It’s possible that game took them and they didn’t get into GO.

• Andrew0095-INGAndrew0095-ING Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

@LadyAntler-PGO ,

I do Ingress, Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom (all Niantic games). Once a nomination is approved by the community, Niantic has another filtering process. Some of the places that I have edited title edit and new picture show in Ingress but have yet to be updated in Pokémon GO and Pikmin Bloom. That is difficult to guess.

• Rchan11-PGORchan11-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

I would agree. I spend hours doing reviews to get upgrades to nominations in Pokemon Go. Some nominations will get rejected but when I do get an approval I'm hopeful that it'll become a pokestop in Pokemon Go. If it has to be a distance issue with it being too close to another there should be the option for the submitter to correct the location. The residential area that I'm living in has very few points of interest that qualify for a pokestop so when they are approved; they should be pokestops. One of the ones that did not appear as a pokestop was actually a "featured nomination" in wayfarer.

• Hikaru588-INGHikaru588-ING Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭

When a nomination is approved it is added to the Lightship database as a wayspot. From this database each game draws a subset of wayspots to use based on their own specific gameboard requirements.

@Rchan11-PGO in wayfarer there is no minimum distance between wayspots.

• Rchan11-PGORchan11-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

Thanks Hikaru, yes unfortunately I think Pokemon Go does have a distance requrement however during nomination it no longer shows existing POIs or wayfarer approved nominations.