Appeal Removed Wayspot

Title of the Wayspot: Cockatoo or Two

City: Forcett, TAS

Screenshot of the Rejection Email: N/A

Photos to support your claim:

Additional information:

This small mural of a cockatoo is permanently painted on a powerpole. This Wayspot was wrongly removed (likely by the opposing Ingress team).

The Wayspot is safe to access, and significant as sulphur crested cockatoos inhabit this rural area.

The photos show the surrounding area for reference - you can see the shop over the road to the left, and the bus top on the same side of the road to the right.

Apologies for nighttime photos. Happy to take some more photos in daylight if that will help. Have tried creating a photosphere of this area before but had some trouble.

Tagged:

Comments

• spiesr-INGspiesr-ING Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭

This appears to have questionable pedestrian access, being on the side of a road with no obvious pedestrian lane.

Also can you confirm what the property behind the post is? (The photos look like it might be a single family residence.)

• N1N3TYN1N3-INGN1N3TYN1N3-ING Posts: 5 ✭✭

It is a rural area - access to the Wayspot is the same as it is to the bus stop - safely by roadside. There are no paved walkways like in urban areas. To walk between the bus stop, the community hall, and the shop, you can walk safely off the road :-)

Hi Niantic,

Since submitting this appeal two more valid Wayspots in the same rural area have been removed.

It's really disappointing that antisocial behaviour (bullying and targeting of players) goes unchecked.

Is there any way to get this appeal looked into? I am concerned posting more appeals to this forum will go unanswered like this one from August 7, 2022.

• Neku69-INGNeku69-ING Posts: 53 ✭✭

To be honest I'd submit a photosphere to check the accessibility of this wayspot. As the previous reviewer said, I agree with the questionable pedestrian access, it's not like you can stay there safely in case a car is driving.

Thanks for your reply.

This Wayspot is on the "sidewalk" close to the bus stop. The bus stop has an insignia on it which was a Wayspot that was also removed recently. I'm quite sure the bus stop is safely accessible to pedestrians so am not sure on what grounds that Wayspot was removed....

• Neku69-INGNeku69-ING Posts: 53 ✭✭

I don't know how is your current situation but this will pose a problem... Some people like to do warfare on forums rather than complaining about what is and not what is

• Hoolio510-INGHoolio510-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have stopped, parked my car, and engaged with this wayspot many times. There is plenty of room to park as is next to a bus stop where coaches stop for passengers to embark. There are zero issues with access and is on crown land not on private property. This should be reinstated.

• Beeeeeees-INGBeeeeeees-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

I think it must have safe pedestrian access, because how else do people get to the bus stop to catch a bus?

• E1GHTYS1X-INGE1GHTYS1X-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

It's been pointed out by several Agents who know the area that the wayspot has safe access as it is necessary to walk past it to get to the bus stop.

The shed that can be seen in the background is not a residence.

The removal of this wayspot and two more from this rural township was done maliciously. Local Ingress players were adversely affected as are the local Pokemon Go players. This rural township no longer has a pokestop.

@NianticLC can we have a decision please?

• NianticLCNianticLC Posts: 4,495 admin

Thanks for the appeal, @N1N3TYN1N3-ING! After reviewing the additional evidence provided, we’ve decided to restore the Wayspot in question.

• E1GHTYS1X-INGE1GHTYS1X-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

@NianticLC The Wayspot was restored but malicious agents have had it removed again. Please restore this townships only pokestop and prevent its removal again.

• Beeeeeees-INGBeeeeeees-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

@NianticLC Most of the people reporting this post have quit playing the game now, so I imagine aren't going to appeal it, but this waypoint has been removed again. Is there anything you can actually do about this? Because if you restore it again, and then it gets taken down again, I'm not sure what that achieves. In my opinion this is being taken down due to malicious personal targeting of the specific people who live in this town.