Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Nominations are immediately being taken into "In Voting (Niantic)"

0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are multiple threads showing up, here on the General Discussion thread, and in other Wayfarer-related forums such as Facebook.

We had been previously assured that we would have a "grace period" of time, where we could edit our nominations (titles, descriptions, supporting text) before they go into voting. This had been working fine for many months, so that we could wait up to ~24 hours and still be assured that we could fix tpyos or look up more information online when we get back home to our computers, and don't have to fiddle around on tiny screens where the app is apt to reload.

But lately MANY people are complaining that we no longer have this grace period, and Niantic staff themselves are taking the nominations prematurely.

Some sample threads:

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/35152/when-niantic-takes-your-nomination-within-10-minutes

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/35301/in-voting-for-niantic-instantly

It's been at least 6 days of this, and we've so far had ZERO response from anybody at Niantic about what's going on.

Tagged:
29 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Melurra-PGOMelurra-PGO Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I first saw reports of this (and experienced it myself) on July 30, so at least 12 days. Of the two times I have had this happen, both were on a Saturday morning between 530-600 PDT, if they helps in determining this bug/side effect.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

My issue is that my eyesight is poor, so I nominate with minimal acceptable text in game, then polish my nomination from the wayfarer page. Yesterday, as soon as the nomination I had just submitted hit my contributions page, it was in Niantic voting, before I even got the email that it had been received. I was on the page anyway and had just refreshed. Please stop whatever is causing this and give us at least 24 hours in queue before pulling for internal review.

For details about that particular nomination see:

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/comment/171916/#Comment_171916

• PORT2014-INGPORT2014-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

I reported this on July 15th.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/34340/nomination-straight-to-voting-by-niantic#latest

I have all 3 still in Niantic voting. All nominated in Pokemon GO so that I could tag what is it as art.

I did nominate another on 31 July in Ingress - did it very speedily - long story - and my description was barely adequate and my supporting information was just "bla". Went to fix both the next day and it was already in Niantic voting. Was approved "by the community" within 5 days.

I've nominated lots of other things since in both games, one was rejected before I noticed it was in voting but I did get to edit before the damage was done. No other quick decisions.

• itsbr4d-INGitsbr4d-ING Posts: 12 ✭✭✭

This also happened to my nomination:

detailsId: AwRVB1NQBAMFXAxWBAsCAQADVVQEWgBQVgYDVgxTAwFLBwcH

• Whoab0t-PGOWhoab0t-PGO Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

I had that happen with two of mine in mid July. No movement since then. I wondered if it was because I mentioned the name, Niantic, in the support statement (clever fudging of the wayspot’s name had to be used due to the overbearing profanity filter).

even my actual appeals didn’t take a month to get through Niantic voting (although the last one still hasn’t made it into any game)

• SirKingIke-PGOSirKingIke-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

I have same thing happening to me. Niantics AI to decide which nomination to put into niantic voting is ignoring submission time/date.

I had the same thing happen to me with in a week - both times it was so bright i could barely see my screen and hid a lot of typos. Nomination got rejected without any reason 2 days later.

For example this nomination. I used the upload later function on Saturday and uploaded it on Sunday exactly at 4pm. It went straight into Niantic voting and got rejected WITHOUT any reason 6 days later, but probably because of the typos i couldnt correct. (I mean this is a sign by offical goverment agencie explaing the cultural history of a famous restaurant which exists at a distinct location since 1835, I don't see any reason why this should be rejected)

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Hope this will get fixed soon. It can be very anoying if you are not aware of the reason for those Nia-reviews.

And theres more, sadly. Hope Giffy saw it.

• Himillsy-PGOHimillsy-PGO Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to add that I just submitted something (8/16) and it immediately went into Niantic Voting before I could place it on hold as well. Guess I should have waited until it was fixed.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

No, this is not a bug, it's a feature. All you have to do to instantly get your nomination into Nia-voting is to write "nomination/fwd/voting.extraqueue2/#6302" in the supporting information.

You don't believe me? Here we go!

Just type the super secret code into the supporting information....

....and there it is:

Obviously, this doesn't work. There's something else you have to do which also happens occasionally by accident. All I want to show is that there is something that forces the nomination to go into Nia-review. It's NOT random. And you can easily abuse this. Don't try it yourself, it won't work unless you know what you have to do!

• KitKat07-PGOKitKat07-PGO Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

I just submitted 2 nominations in Pokémon Go (8/17). Both are for university buildings. The first nomination immediately went into Niantic Voting a few minutes after I got the received email conformation, and before I could edit the text and add map of university in supporting. The second one is still in queue and I was able to fix. I guess I will have to wait till it goes through voting now to finish the first. At least I typed out the basics for the nomination before, I know not everyone types the basics in when they nominate due to the fact that you normally can edit it on the computer (up to ~24 hours).

• shyslyguy-INGshyslyguy-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

I prepared five nominations, then uploaded them 4 days later. I meant to put them on hold immediately but got distracted for 5 minutes, and when I opened up Wayfarer, 2 had already gone into voting by Niantic.. with descriptions that just say "update" :(

(In an ideal world I would polish before clicking "upload later," but my kids don't have the patience to hang out for that long)

Update 8/19: My nomination taken immediately into Niantic Voting got accepted. Now I got to go there so I can fix the description.

As noted, the acceptance email does say "The community has deiced" . Please fix this to show in some way that it was actually voted on by Niantic. Last year a community member did their first nomination and got the "." rejection. As she didn't know it was Niantic and don't use this forum, she deiced to blame me since I was a person they know nominated, reviewed, and I had mentioned the dot "." bug the week before. She was very upset due to the fact her nomination was denied in two days with no real rejection reason. As someone who was blamed and then threaten over the dot "." rejection reason, I don't want the community to get blamed for Niantic's decisions. As I understand even to this day, the nominations that had the "." still have no rejection reasons on the Wayfarer site.

• drunkencyclist-INGdrunkencyclist-ING Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited August 2022

I just had this happened to me yesterday. Meanwhile is there any remedy to submissions that already went into voting? For example taking the nomination out of the in voting status, or resetting the nomination, or allowing us to resubmit bypassing the submission radius.

My affected submissions are made during my travels and I am no longer within submission radius to these places. Therefore these nominations are irreplaceable. Thank you.

My affected nominations are as follows. They are located in touristy areas and are of highly significant historical and visual value:

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Any update on this? It's been over a week, now. In my case, it was an edit I was making to the text (suspect "sponsored" triggered the review) but now my nomination doesn't meet the normal standards to which I nominate up and I have another with outright incorrect information.

Both were flagged "on hold" and as such should not have been allowed to be grabbed by Niantic.

No, sadly.

In the nominations you showed, they weren't taken by Niantic, since they don't have the Niantic logo next to them. These just moved into "in voting" naturally.

edited August 2022

I just had another nomination taken by Niantic voting after being nominated less than one hour. It was a mural. This time I was able to edit the description. I was editing the supporting info and got an error on submitting. I refreshed the page and it is in Niantic voting.

Edit: I have been told that I may have encountered a trigger word. It seems that "sponsors" may have triggered Niantic to review my nomination. I only included "sponsors" due to the mural being funded by many local businesses. The artists that painted the mural, the business the mural is painted on, and the program that help make it happen thanked the many sponsors for the mural. There is even a plaque next to the mural saying "Special Thanks to Our Sponsors" that list the businesses that helped.

Post edited by KitKat07-PGO on
  • SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,607 Ambassador

If we are gathering data on what words may trigger an automated review, I think the descriptions should be taken into account as well as the title. My two Insta-vote contributions may have trigger words in the description, but not in the titles.

40s Lady - "Cool image of a lady in a 40s inspired bathing suit." [WAS ACCEPTED]

Wooden Apple - "Wooden apple on the side of the Sweet Apple Animal Hospital." [SUBBED ON 8/28, IN VOTING STILL]

I suspect that "hospital" and either "bathing" or "bathing suit" may have triggered the voting.

(I have low hopes of the Wooden Apple being accepted, I had planned to leave it in local voting.)

Title: Resilience

Description: By Caroline Liu

Supporting: Chicago mural no. 19388

This is an example of why I don't think words alone trigger nominations to be sorted into Niantic voting. Some of it truly is random.

• Himillsy-PGOHimillsy-PGO Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

what happened to a fix, @NianticAaron ? this is still happening and it's been more than a few days.

• Hey @Himillsy-PGO,

Thanks for following up.

We are still working on this issue. We will let the community once this issue is resolved.

Best,

• niktero-PGOniktero-PGO Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the second time now that this nomination has been taken into niantic voting before it even shows up on the contribution page. The first time it was rejected and understandably since it was light on backup info. I know that but it is hard to type on a phone and I needed to do reaserch so I planned to put it on hold and edit. The whole point of the built in 24hr voting hold and the new hold indefinitely button was so we have time to do the reserch! This one I kept in "upload next" for 5 days to bypass the regular voting wait and see if that also avoided this autograb bug. No it does not.

This is the description and supporting info I intended to use so if whoever reviews this could take that into consideration I would appreciate not getting dinged for repeated submissions.

Description : Operating out of the largest crab processing plant in the world, this is the only restaurant on the island. Serving fresh seafood and delicious meals with communal dinning.

Supporting : This is the best (and only) place in town to go out to eat but since it is operated from a fish processing plant they have awesome fish. Halibut, cod, and crab legs make a regular appearance on the menu. Encourages socialization in the group dinning hall. Read all about it on tripadvisor https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g31112-d2318370-Reviews-Trident_Cafeteria-Saint_Paul_Island_Pribilof_Islands_Alaska.html https://www.tridentseafoods.com/Our-Story/Our-Plants/

• niktero-PGOniktero-PGO Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the picture didn't load so here it is.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

I was told by @NianticTintino that nominations on hold should no longer be pulled into Niantic voting and that nominations should no longer be immediately pulled into Niantic voting.

Hopefully this is reflected by the community.

• NvlblNm-PGONvlblNm-PGO Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

Well, I just said goodbye to another nomination… I can most certainly confirm it was on hold and no longer is.