Wayfarer Criteria Challenge - Discussion

Comments

• TrevorAlan-PGOTrevorAlan-PGO Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Normally on iOS, when taking a screenshot, you can select "Screen" or "Full Page". However it looks like Niantic coded the Wayfarer website in a viewport, so doing "Full Page" changes nothing.

I don't know if another "browser" would work, since they all use Safari's WebKit no matter what. But the form only allows upload of 1 image so you can't take 3 screenshots... I suggest @NianticTintino you at least allow 3 screenshots in the upload if you can? That way iOS users can upload without jumping through hoops.

• TrevorAlan-PGOTrevorAlan-PGO Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah this is actually probably the easiest way now that I'm looking.

Tap the "aA" in the URL bar and at least on the standard iPhone 12 size 50% in landscape looks like a normal desktop view with all 3 boxes horizontal.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I posted the ongoing pool debate. What constitutes a "similar residentially-focused location" that is ineligible per the November 2020 AMA. And what is the defining factor that makes a pool ineligible? Because that AMA also said, " Other than that, pools would be a great place to meet and that encourages exercise and should be considered eligible." Which I agree with.

But "pools" wasn't on the drop-down list, so I had to pick "other" so no way it will be a top three.

• It might be due to the size of the file. Try making the file smaller and try again. Keep me posted.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticTintino I forgot to take a screenshot of my entry. Is there a way to get back and see what I wrote on the form?

• DEMARTIN0-PGODEMARTIN0-PGO Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭

I am assuming the review 100 starts immediately and not after we submit the form? Reviewed close to 100 and still have not located what I am looking for. Pools!

• EvilSuperHeros-INGEvilSuperHeros-ING Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

You mean actual oversight? lol as if Niantic would ever fork over the money for that. Even basic filters could filter out soo much of the trash subs. I just went through 40 odd subs. All 4 of the portal edits I had were "Please select the spot on the right" or such to try to abuse the system.

Reviewing poi's sucks. It's a waste of time. If someone wants something, and they have the majority, they will get it.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

I don't care about the rewards although I think they're just fine, no complaints - it sounds like a fun scavenger hunt! Unfortunately I'm having some issues with exhaustion and brain fog at the moment so can't really comprehend the rules, but once I get a good night's sleep I expect to participate to the fullest! Thanks for providing something different to do. :)

• Fushigidane-INGFushigidane-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

I think I have many questions about this event. Please give me more infomation with clearly word.

• MrCNeal-PGOMrCNeal-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

so posted mid month letting us know we have 2 weeks to submit. hope im on the next one im not 37 yet

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just off the top of my head they could have said something like

Do 100 reviews to receive an upgrade and a vote on which category you think needs most clarification. Maybe allow each reviewer 3 votes and 3 free upgrades for the week.

@NianticTintino Please have a rethink and give anyone who submits a picture an upgrade instead of the random lottery upgrade win.

Although don't do this one day before the event ends :D

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Thanks @EvieEvolved-ING and @TrevorAlan-PGO for help around screenshot.

@NianticTintino

You have been helpfully clarifying but it is all mixed up in this thread could the announcement post be amended to have clear instructions.

once last (?) time

starting 17th August - what time UTC did it start?

finish 25th August 06:59 UTC

For global events giving the time in UTC is better.

within that time you must review 100 contributions in wayfarer - does this mean new waypoints, and edits and photos or not? As later on you refer to 100 nominations and that is different.

What you want out of that 100 or an older one???? Is an example where

It is acceptable

But you are unsure how to categorise under the what is it section

or

when you mean criteria whether something might be a reject but you are not sure how it would score against the acceptance criteria.

I think it’s the first one but the use of language is confusing and probably more so when Google translate gets hold of it.

By completing the form you are in with a chance of an upgrade.

To be successful you need to select one of the top 3 categories other people chose.

If you do you will get an upgrade provided you also met the 100 reviews entry requirement.

Because of a number of reasons I would really welcome clarity in one place instead of across numerous posts.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not well worded, but I sort of see what Niantic are doing - any kind of feedback on why 30% of my reviews are "incorrect" is welcome, and any clarification about some of the more regularly debated issues is welcome. For those who say "but we know we are doing", take it as an opportunity to submit those things where, for some reason the "community" seem to be going in a different direction from the criteria. What I would really like to see is specific feedback on some of the regular submission to give a simple "yes - no" answer to some things.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you for your reply, sorry to say, dear @NianticTintino but did you talk to the Ambassadors beforehand? Also, maybe someone here could help you with making the announcement.

"Improving the Wayfarer Criteria" - what does that mean? "...claryfing the criteria that the community finds most challenging". - "the most on the fence about" - ???

You are collecting the sent in "Challenge Submissions" (Confusing criteria?)"

I am totally with you - but you lost me at every sentence. it isnt clear to me what niantic wants, it isnt clear to me what should be done, it isnt clear to me why you are giving out AGAIN totally unsatisfying rewards that are given out seemingly random.

Now please, talk to the Ambassadors, or make another group of 5 people that are reviewing on a daily basis and make a PLAN for the next challenge.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,121 Ambassador

I feel the next challenges will be;

• Related to “Incentivizing Wayfarer”
    • Related to “Supporting Rural Communities”

As this one is about Criteria Clarification, this is their way of hitting the Ambassador goals.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Categories are really weird. Why didn't they just look thru the "Nomination Improvement" category here on this community, to choose categories where real people seem to get confused?

What if you're unsure about a restaurant because it looks run down, something common, isn't even on yelp, and the reviewer didn't say why it's special? You wouldn't want the "Popular restaurant" option, because you're pretty sure it's not popular.

What about a spit of grass in a neighborhood that the nominator thinks is "a common area", like a park, but you think it's just landscaping? What category is that?

What about neighborhood clubhouses? What if someone calls something a clubhouse, but it's really the showers and toilets for the pool? What about a pool? I don't see any category for neighborhood items.

What about "street furniture" - lampposts, cell phone towers, geographic disc markers along the road?

A plaque that says "In memory of... from..." - in other words, a park fundraiser where you can buy a plaque for a bench, tree, etc? The person is recently deceased, and we don't know anything about them, so have to assume no more special than the other million people who have died recently. What category would that be?

We should have had a contest to choose the categories for the contest. 🤣

• CarolFigueiraRS-PGOCarolFigueiraRS-PGO Posts: 381 Ambassador

I will do the challenge but I don't see anyone that is not here on the community regularly doing this the reward is not good. I'm in a group of 375 wayfarer and only one besides me showed real interest. Rewards could be double upgrades and a couple of appeals and give us clothes, we are asking for years at this point.

• sujynx-PGOsujynx-PGO Posts: 21 ✭✭✭

My 2 pet hates are "select the most appropriate location" and "select the photos that don't meet the criteria"

The location one usually a guess unless you can get there on steetview,

The Photo one doesn't show you the actual photo in use in the game so you don't know if they are just duplicates and again if you don't know the area/location the photo may not even be of the thing being described

and I can never "Skip" these

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

@NianticTintino Are confusing edits allowed as an entry?

Examples:

1. Nomination Mural B. In the nearby outdated mural A on the SAME wall... do we reject or duplicate... accept?
    2. Nomination Restaurant B. In the nearby Restaurant A occupying same facility. reject or dupe?