Appeal portal removal: Bushells Tea Mural

Title of the Wayspot: Bushell Tea Mural

City: Guildford, Western Australia

Photos to support your claim: 

Google-maps-street-view.jpg (removed portal clearly visible in street view as well as the footpath.)

--

Google-search-murals.jpg (Examples of other Bushells Tea advertisement murals).

---

Location-Photo-01.jpg (Location view, mural located on the wall on the left of 89 Hugh Street, Guildford, WA, Australia).

--

Location-Photo-02.jpg (Landscape close-up perspective view with clearly visible footpath)

--

Location-Photo-03.jpg (front view from across the street)

--

Location-Photo-04.jpg (perspective view looking back)

--

Location-Photo-05.jpg (close-up perspective, with footpath visible)

--

Additional information: 

The removed waypoint (portal) is a Bushell Tea advertisement mural, that has seen better days, but is still clearly recognisable of the iconic brand of tea that has been around Australia since 1883. A brand that was built through the marketing of heritage and nostalgia as depicted in the mural. (see: https://www.bushells.com.au/about-bushells/).

The mural is located on the side wall of a building along a narrow public footpath (sidewalk) and has easy pedestrian access and is clearly visible in Google maps street view. (See: Google-maps-street-view.jpg)

The present state of the mural is much like what is visible in Google maps street view. It is clearly visible and easily accessible via a footpath that runs alongside the mural wall, as shown in Location-Photo-1.jpg through to Location-Photo-5.jpg.

You will still find these older murals throughout regional towns (see: Google-search-murals.jpg) and some are Ingress waypoints, as they are remnants of the long history of Bushells in Australia and part of their iconic marketing.  For example, another similar mural, located in Toodyay, Western Australia (Name: Name: Bushels vintage advertising 1939) — https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=-31.550531,116.467707&z=17&pll=-31.550531,116.467707

Please reinstate this portal as it is a valid waypoint and return the portal keys removed from Ingress scanner.

Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for the appeal, @OrangeKeeper-ING! We have taken another look but stand by our decision to retire this Wayspot.

• OrangeKeeper-INGOrangeKeeper-ING Posts: 19 ✭✭

@NianticVK Thank you for your review of my appeal. I really do not inderstand why a mural that is of historical significance is being removed from the portal network.

Is there an option for me to resubmit it and get a peer review on it?

Are you able to clarify why this mural is NOT a valid waypoint?

Thanks.

@NianticVK Thank you for your review of my appeal. I really do not inderstand why a mural that is of historical significance is being removed from the portal network.

@NianticGiffard clearly states that if an eligble object (a mural) is on or near a sidewalk that is not interfering with a single-family residence is aceptable. (See screenshot) – this portal meets thos criteria.

Based on his post, please review this appeal again.

Many thanks.

Hi there, still awaiting a secondary review and an answer to my questions.

@NianticGiffard are you able to review this in light of a clarification provided by yourself on wayfarer forums?

Many thanks

Thank for allowing this waypoint back in the waypoint network.

Can you please explain why you have removed this portal from the network again?

It was resubmitted with the wrong name (see screenshot key), and I submitted a name change (Bushells Tea) and this morning the portal is gone again:

WHY? What makes it an invalid waypoint. if someone can please explain this with some Niantic backup and proof of information.

Please explain why this portal is NOT allowed in the portal network.

• Thanks for the appeal, @OrangeKeeper-ING! We have taken another look but stand by our decision to retire this Portal.

• Dragon1974-PGODragon1974-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

@NianticVK wow dude. Seriously? I’m assuming you guys just cut and paste your responses as the response on Oct 8 is identical to the original Aug 5 response.

if you don’t like your job, quit, so someone who is capable and is actually helpful can help us with your stupid appeal system. It’s so bloody frustrating and the don’t get me started on the ‘community approval system’. It’s a joke too.

and yes…like @OrangeKeeper-ING , I’m frustrated by your stupid system 😡

• SSSputnik-INGSSSputnik-ING Posts: 109 ✭✭✭

Bushells tea signs pretty iconic in Australia...

This gorgeous mural was once again removed from the wayfarer network. The wayfarer peer review clearly considers it a valid and interesting waypoint.

However, all it takes is for one person to convince Niantic otherwise I guess.

The fact that I opted to resubmit it with clear validation of why I believe the portal belongs in the network… and a subsequent waypoint suspension received shortly after it reappeared i. The network, makes me think Niantic is receiving reports from someone anout wayfarer abuse or something.

I have another portal resubmission in the network… and based on the email I received from Niantic that could potentially result in a full Ingress ban.

Niantic has provided NO validation or response to this appeal for removal as to why the portal is not allowed in the network, nor is it replying to any emails I sent in reply to my suspension.

If you (Niantic) do not clarify to people why you remove portals (that seem 100% valid), you cannot expect them to magically know what not to do… we can merely guess.

Why use a peer review system when you overrule what peer reviews recommend?

If my wayfarer activity is deemed as abuse… that saddens me. I have always played fair and reviewed fairly regardless of wheter a waypoint appears in an ENL or RES dominant area. Almost 15,000x and my wayfarer has had a “Great” status for all these years, My contributions have led to 100s of new portals being added to the network over the years.

I won’t submit further comments on this portal appeal. All I can say is I am disappointed in Niantic’s actions and naturally in being suspended from wayfarer, and I urge Niantic to review the player/s reporting invalid portal requests and review wayfarer as it is today: If 50 peer reviewers deem a waypoint valid and one reports it as invalid… why would the opinion and judgement of one outweigh that of 50?

Thank you.

OrangeKeeper.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

No matter how gorgeous that mural is, it's still on the outer walls of a single family PRP.

Also you got your suspension email? Cool.

• cycl0nebrian-INGcycl0nebrian-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

If this mural is not a valid way point because it's on private residence, then I ask why are little library's on private property front fence are ok

• RamenNooodz-PGORamenNooodz-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Spoiler alert: they're not (unless they're not on single home residence property)

• cycl0nebrian-INGcycl0nebrian-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

RamenNooodz-PGO thanks for that now i can start reporting most of them cheers