Public access prohibited

Dear Director, I Found Public access prohibited 2 location Today.

I went there These two wayspots exist inside a company named 'Samsung'.

But i cant reach there, Because i'm not empolyee there.

And, I found 1 object named "Tears", but can't look "대지에서 at SATTI" front the gate.

The office on the left is strictly controlled for public access, and CCTV is being monitored in front of the main building.

What do you think about this? I don't know how to Scanning misson this 2 wayspot in game.

If it's a wayspot for someone's monopoly, please consider discarding it.

Could you want to more detail, Please refer google site

--

https://www.google.co.kr/maps/@/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s4wBOPCQdr0TqjRE08mAIaw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=ko

--

Title of the Wayspot: 대지에서 at SATTI

City : Suwon

Contry : Korea (South)

Screenshot of the Rejection Email : None

• In particular, this "대지에서 at SATTI" was not visible. I think it dispear or fake wayspot.

Title of the Wayspot: Tears

• This object can found so far from front of gate. Therefore, I don't know it can be scan right.

Please consider this matter, thankyou.

Best regards.

Tagged:

Comments

• Gabdool-PGOGabdool-PGO Posts: 57 ✭✭

--

Title of the Wayspot: 빛의 자화상

--

Additonally, its same problem.

I went there confirm it. But, Cannot reach there. Because its Samsung Company's private land.

if you need, Plase refer google street view written above.

Please consider this matter too, thankyou

Best regards

@BaltiCalling-ING

I dont agree. Not visiting and not being able to visit are two different things. Please carefully consider that private land or places that are difficult to access by pedestrians are not subject to wayspot approval.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't matter if you agree or not. Wayspots inside private companies are valid, the only restriction are K12 locations as well as single family PRP. If you can't use those pokestops, go and play somewhere else.

@WheelieGooth-PGO

Dear,

I mean, being inside the company itself isn't a problem.

I’m talking about restricted access. That's Niantic's rejection criteria. Positions for the benefit of any single, collective group are subject to denial. 

Please refer page,

unilaterally advantageous position.

A location deliberately and strategically placed to provide an advantage to a single player or collective group. Or edit the location where you want the Wayspot to be moved away from the connected object (e.g. to move the Wayspot to a different city/country or to a more convenient location)

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic have said that this criteria over "unfair" Waypoints applies to waypoints deliberately placed in locations that are difficult to access legally and are there for the benefit of one particular player or faction. They have said mny time that Waypoints inside factory or commercial sites like this are perfectly acceptable.

• BaltiCalling-INGBaltiCalling-ING Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gabdool-PGO There are many instances in the appeals where Niantic has not removed private access wayspots.

Here's one, for example: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/comment/64559

@sogNinjaman-ING @BaltiCalling-ING

Having said that, I have nothing more to say. One more rule of approval criterion is attached. It's up to Niantic to decide.

Anyway, thanks for your interest in this matter.

——

It must be safe and publicly accessible for pedestrians. (indoor or outdoor)

——

• niktero-PGOniktero-PGO Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dec 19 2017 AMA

Q1: Why are portals on private property allowed? Private corporations, military bases, etc. are content that an average agent is completely unable to access that can directly affect their gameplay with control fields covering them or links blocking them. They should not have to play at a disadvantage.

A1: Portals on corporate property are allowed because restricted access is not the same as private residential access. The people that can access portals on corporate grounds are doing so legally as they have access to the location. It would however, be considered trespassing in many areas of the world for anyone other than the property owner to access a Portal on private residential property. What you are referring to as a disadvantage is normalized globally.

Nov 2020 AMA

How does “publicly accessible” apply to locations that have limited access, like members-only clubs, gated communities, time-restricted areas? 

• Just like with the definition of private residential property, this guideline hasn’t changed. These locations would still be eligible, including restricted areas on the grounds of a company’s headquarters or behind locked gates so long as there wouldn’t be objections to you entering the area and the location is accessible to some folks. We do not expect all players to have access to all locations but we strongly recommend following real-world rules while attempting to access locations. 

• NianticLCNianticLC Posts: 4,496 admin

Thanks for the appeal, @Gabdool-PGO! It looks like we haven’t gotten to this request yet or it hasn’t been submitted via the Scanner; at this time, we only take appeals to overturn decisions we’ve already made.