Neighborhood Signs

I've seen some neighborhood signs in my area that are new Pokestops or Gyms. There isn't really anything special about the signs, they just mark the entrance to a neighborhood. I figured something must have changed and they were generally accepted now, so I submitted one, but it was rejected. What is the consensus, are neighborhood sings okay or not okay? If not okay, should other neighborhood signs be removed, as somehow they were accepted?

Comments

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

The concensus here is they aren't okay, unless they are architecturally interesting (like including a fountain or statues or something). That being said, I've seen areas (notably central Florida, but I'm sure there are more) where they are almost always accepted as long as they aren't just a metal sign.

If you use an upgrade, it will almost certainly be rejected. If you're in one of the areas that likes them, it will probably be accepted. It's also possible your area used to accept them but has had a change of heart and now rejects them. It's also possible the ones you saw in game were fancier than yours, but I don't have anything to go on for that.

Niantic has a very narrow list of reasons to remove things. Being uninteresting is not one of them. They are in the game for good unless they happen to be on someone's lawn or not pedestrian accessible.

• Thank you for the additional information. I just won't worry about it then and will not submit any others. For what it is worth, I didn't think they should be accepted, I just noticed some starting to pop up and thought something might have changed. I appreciate your feedback.