Is it just my area, or has everything slowed right down again?

Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

As in the title, at thw start of the year, even up to about april/may, things were taking about a month to be decided upon (in january was fertti g stuff through in a week), but I've now got stuff in for coming up to 4 months still I queue (I know, its no where near as bad as some areas, but in terms of going from 1 month to 4). Included in this is that appeals have been quiet in my area as well, haven't heard anyone getting one through in over a month and I've not had anything in 2. I'm in Scotland, Glasgow to be specific.

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

My area normally takes 2 - 8 weeks. I have had some stuff still getting resolved in that amount of time, but other stuff has been in the system for up to 18 weeks now. To be fair though, I've had 60 - 70 nominations going through the system all at once, so I kinda expected a bit of a slow down.

• Lowie80-PGOLowie80-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

It's taken me 2 to 6 months for nominations to get through.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,486 Ambassador

The system does rely on an even flow in and through. So if you see a change then the balance has been disrupted.

I wonder if there are some effects of it being summer people being out and submitting more in as they go to places and see things?????

i have been submitting a lot whilst on holiday and have been submitting more in and around local area.

If there is no shift to more reviews being done it will slow down. When on holiday I tend to be in areas of low density of POI so I guess a lot of people do that and those have a wider review stream then they will take priority.

i seem to have had an increase in reviewing rural Scotland submissions ( normal location is Manchester) But also I submitted a couple whilst just outside Glasgow in early June and they were rejected after 2/3 months.

So not sure as there seems no clear cut picture.