If something is in voting almost a year or longer

Why is it not sent out to a wider audience of voters ? clearly broken system no matter where u live and it feels no point vote for more upgrades as they dont even help.. i have even a stuck in que since feb this year upgraded, still hasnt reached "voting" phase... go figure. 🤔

Comments

• Mikado271-PGOMikado271-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭

There is a great lack of voters, many propose but few vote

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears to me that when a nomination is two years old, it does get sent to a wider audience. The backlog in my area is that long. I have no proof of that, just an observation.

• DarthFuego86-PGODarthFuego86-PGO Posts: 24 ✭✭

Need to earn an upgrade for faster results

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

The queue is not FIFO or evenly randomized. Niantic admitted long ago that they fast-track nominations from some areas, and slow-track other areas. This process is always been broken (some nominations taking years), and it's still broken.

Mathy example: If your randomized odds of getting reviewed today are 1 in 100 - Niantic changes that to 1 in 200 for some areas, and 1 in 50 in other areas.

If you are in a region (Ingress speak - I think it's an S9 cell) with a big city (not sure if measured by population or wayspot density) - your nominations are slow-tracked. So, you can live 30 miles from a big city, and still get slow tracked - even if you're rural or suburbs, and have very few wayspots for 10 miles around you.

If you're in a slow-tracked area, try nominating on vacation instead. Or, drive away from the city, to cross the region/S9ish line.

• Raachermannl-INGRaachermannl-ING Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not always the solution.

For foolproof candidates it's indeed, but if a nomination is not totally foolproof, than dont rely on upgrades .... at least at Germany .... maybe a problem because of the lots of different langugages of neighbour countries ....

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, if someone makes 40 nominations, and must have 40 upgrades, and needs 160 reviews per upgrade, and reviews around 80 per hour --- that's 6400 reviews and 80 hours of reviewing to upgrade all nominations. That's abuse by Niantic. A huge hidden cost for something presented as free - that other people get for free, or WAY cheaper.