Request removal of a Wayspot

I was charging Portals and came across one at 4610 River Mountain Road, Little Rock, Arkansas 72223, USA, that should have been rejected when reviewing. Family Trail Of Parks is the title. The top left is part of the Two Rivers Park Bridge. This area stays busy. From my understanding, a trail or sidewalk must proceed to the roundabout to be eligible. I ask this go. That is not a request I enjoy making. Let me attach screenshots.

Tagged:

Comments

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm. That's interesting. I wonder if they would treat it differently since it's a roundabout in a parking lot rather than on a road. You can report in the removal forum if you can't report from the scanner.

• Thanks for sharing this, @Andrew0095-ING! It looks like we haven’t gotten to this request yet or it hasn’t been submitted via the Scanner; at this time, we only take appeals to overturn decisions we’ve already made. We appreciate your understanding!

• JohnnyMack68-PGOJohnnyMack68-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

I've 1*failed a lot of dangerous traffic circles with cool fountains or sculptures, but after looking closely at this one I would definitely pass it as an eligible nomination.

The first clue I look for is the roundabout designed for pedestrian use or only automobile traffic? This roundabout has what appears to be a pedestrian area that extends from edge to edge across the center with statues, and plaques on pillars that are made to be read by pedestrians standing in front of them.

Is the roundabout on a main road, or is it in a park area/parking area that has mixed pedestrian use? The two connecting entrances to the roadway have permanent traffic barricades installed (pilings/posts/shadows are visible in satellite) that show this roundabout was cut-off from the main road and was designated as parking lot with pedestrian use.

Based on those findings, I believe this would make an excellent POI to explore while visiting the park.

• Snowroo-PGOSnowroo-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭

I think it’d be eligible as it has pedestrian access, it’s also in a low spread zone being in the car park.