Can murals and paintings inside a Walmart be a Pokèstop?

I’m new to creating and reviewing Pokéstops, and I know that places like Walmart can not be a pokèstop but what about a mural inside of Walmart. Can a painting of a famous and historical figure like Sam Walton be a Pokèstop? Just curious on why other abundant and popular stores can have Pokèstops but a mural inside Walmart can’t.

Comments

• JnlWaller-PGOJnlWaller-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thank you all for replying! The painting of Sam Walton makes sense but would a remembrance wall of names that have workers of Walmart that have passed be acceptable or would that be too sensitive? However, looking back it was most likely the pictures I provided that would make it an ineligible pokèstop. I appreciate the guidance and explanations you all have provided.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

For memorials, like memorial benches, they are supposed to only be accepted for notable members of the community. I think you'd have a hard time with just a list of employee names.

• Janetx68-PGOJanetx68-PGO Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

I reviewed a mural at a Walmart once. From what I could tell, it genuinely was a mural produced for that store, not a mass produced wall decal, so it got at least once recommendation.