How to know why a nomination got rejected?

Okay so I am a totally new member to this and want to know how can I know why their wayspot nomination was rejected. Because in the rejection email they told me to check out the Contribution management page for more details but I can't seem to find any other details other than that it is rejected.

I really want to know why my nomination got rejected that too so quickly after nominating so that I don't repeat that mistake again.

Best Answer

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,486 Ambassador
    Answer ✓

@Mob9625844589-PGO

Hello and welcome.

You are right to want to understand what has happened so you can improve. Unfortunately the official information is not that useful but we can try and help here.

If you post the whole submission- main photo , title and description plus supplementary photo and information we can see if there is anything that might trigger rejection. This can also help improve what you are going to submit.

The standard process is that you submit a potential wayspot.

After a few mins or so you should see it on the contribution tab with in queue tab. Do check that what you have written is correct. Whilst in queue you can edit the text. The next stage is that it will change to in voting. You can no longer edit, and it has been passed to the review pool of other wayfinders to assess.

There is no set time for these stages. It can be very quick a few days or extremely long a few years. This is very localised.

If rejected following this process you will get clues to the rejection but they are not always helpful.

The non-standard process is that on submission your nomination is taken instantly to in voting with Niantic logo.

Again a result can be quick and is not normally more than several weeks. A rejection via this process does not produce any reasons.

Finally you need to be aware that what you are submitting is a potential wayspot for the lightship database. Each game has a set of rules which it has programmed to select SOME of the wayspots from that data base for use in that game. If you are not already aware please Google S2 cells and Pokémon Go to find out more. As this part is outside of the wayfarer remit ask questions about it in places such as Reddit.

Answers

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you tap on the nomination in your contribution tab, you should see the title, and under that it should say "not accepted" in a red bubble. Under that it should say "rejection criteria" and then list up to 2 reasons why your nomination was rejected.

If Niantic reviewed it and rejected it, there have been cases where no rejection reasons have been showing. Did your nomination have the Niantic logo next to it whilst it was in voting?

It may help to post screenshots of the rejected nomination, but if you do that, your post will be sent for moderator review so it might take several hours to show on the forum.

• Okay the first time while it was in voting I didn't even know. I just knew it was in Queue and I thought it was waiting to get reviewed. But after resubmitting, it now shows in voting and a niantic logo. So what's the relevance of the niantic logo? And the the thing is why did this one get picked up before other nominations I submitted earlier.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Niantic logo means it is being reviewed directly by Niantic, not by the community. Sometimes the Niantic reviews are randomly selected, but recently it seems they can be triggered by "suspicious" keywords. No one know what all those words are that trigger Niantic reviews. If you submitted the same nomination twice and the Niantic logo immediately appeared, your nomination likely contains one of those keywords, and your earlier nominations don't have any trigger words.

To answer your original question, when Niantic rejects a nomination, they don't give you any reason.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,486 Ambassador
    Answer ✓

@Mob9625844589-PGO

Hello and welcome.

You are right to want to understand what has happened so you can improve. Unfortunately the official information is not that useful but we can try and help here.

If you post the whole submission- main photo , title and description plus supplementary photo and information we can see if there is anything that might trigger rejection. This can also help improve what you are going to submit.

The standard process is that you submit a potential wayspot.

After a few mins or so you should see it on the contribution tab with in queue tab. Do check that what you have written is correct. Whilst in queue you can edit the text. The next stage is that it will change to in voting. You can no longer edit, and it has been passed to the review pool of other wayfinders to assess.

There is no set time for these stages. It can be very quick a few days or extremely long a few years. This is very localised.

If rejected following this process you will get clues to the rejection but they are not always helpful.

The non-standard process is that on submission your nomination is taken instantly to in voting with Niantic logo.

Again a result can be quick and is not normally more than several weeks. A rejection via this process does not produce any reasons.

Finally you need to be aware that what you are submitting is a potential wayspot for the lightship database. Each game has a set of rules which it has programmed to select SOME of the wayspots from that data base for use in that game. If you are not already aware please Google S2 cells and Pokémon Go to find out more. As this part is outside of the wayfarer remit ask questions about it in places such as Reddit.

• Thanks for answering. I think the first time I wasn't even aware that it was up for voting and I meant that in queue meant it will taken up for review and voting. And I got to know about the rejection when I got an email from Niantic. Then second time also I put the same spot up with few modifications for nomination it got picked up is now on voting status with niantic logo on it.