The little Park that could!

Hello all, I have been trying to nominate this submission of a poi for a park but get other rejection, poor quality photo and private residence. I’ve tried a few different times and assumed over time if reviewers were learning from my supporting info this would eventually get approved. But alas here I am making one last attempt to get help and direction on this poi submission. Please take a look and provide any help or criticism as you see fit.

Comments

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

By some views, your proposed waypoint could interfere with the people who live across the street. And maybe more homes. You asked why your nomination keeps getting declined. This could be part of it.

In 2019, Niantic settled a U.S. class action lawsuit by saying they'd not put wayspots where they'd interfere with Single Family Residences. The lawsuit was filed by homeowners whose lives were turned upside down by a PokeMonGo stop or gym. Their driveways were blocked, gardens trampled, privacy invaded, loud noises at night, etc. From the settlement page 4, item f:

Niantic will add specific instructions to the current review form that Niantic’s user-reviewers use to evaluate new POI submissions that direct user-reviewers to increase scrutiny regarding any proposed POI that may be located on or within 40 meters of a private single-family residential property, and POI that appear to be located in neighborhood parks. At a minimum, such instructions will include directions for the user-reviewer to examine the proposed POI using a variety of sources, including but not limited to mapping services maintained by private companies such as Google Maps. After such review, Niantic will use CRE to avoid placing the POI on any property that appears to the reviewer to be a single-family residential property. 

Sure, plenty of Wayspots are pretty close to houses. And no, the "current review form" has never included any such instructions. And yes, Niantic has defined PRP as ending at the street - different from their settlement.

So, with all the running in circles, some reviewers are more strict about it than others. I usually figure it's Niantic's business, not mine. We (nominators and reviewers) are not a party in that lawsuit. The settlement also included (page 4, item g):

Niantic agrees that it shall manually review a statistically significant percentage of new POI submissions via a Niantic employee or contractor for the principal purpose of trying to avoid POI that are more likely to lead to issues with nuisance or trespass. 

• Ribky-PGORibky-PGO Posts: 16 ✭✭

I'm in agreement with this. Get that bench in focus, as it has stylized writing on the back and is far more welcoming than the sign.