[SUGGESTION] Aproved Appeal that was Upgraded should return the Upgrade

We all know that a lot of community rejections are ****. So it is very annoying when you upgrade an 5* nobrainer and it gets rejected. So you appeal it.

When such a candidate gets now approved by NIA the wasted upgrade should be returned to the user to instantly use it again.

It is already time consuming enough to get the upgrades especially as there are no events or other short time activities to increase them. And the appeal process also takes way to much time, so everything that speeds up thins should be considered a win.

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not how Upgrades work.

• kamikatze07-INGkamikatze07-ING Posts: 82 ✭✭✭✭

I know that they dont work that way. But it would be an improvement.

• holdthebeer-INGholdthebeer-ING Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭

You would not need that if appeals had guaranteed processing time, like 2 weeks. Nominate, upgrade to speed up the review, (rejected), appeal, still get it faster with the help of upgrade. That's why upgrade is consumed.

The real problem here is slow appeals - niantic decided to first process appeals logged when people could appeal daily. If instead they focused on processing one appeal per month for every player, and handled the extra backlog in the remaining time - this question would not appear.

This is not so much about the appeal bit about upgrades. Upgrades are only used to speed up. So you usually apply it to a guaranteed approval. Sadly it still gets rejected with nonsens reasons. So you appeal it. When this appeal now gets approved it should only be fair to get the upgrade back. Its already hard enough to get them (or mostly time consuming). With my nominations i would need about 500 upgrades to empty my queue

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

An upgrade has one purpose - to make your nomination get through the system and reach a resolution more quickly, whether that be an acceptance or a rejection. Given that it has already provided this functionality (and thus it was not wasted), why should it be returned for nominations that are rejected but then successfully appealed? Your argument makes no sense because you're saying an upgrade was wasted despite the fact it did exactly what it was meant to do.

Yeah and because so many make bad reviews on purpose or even the assumption that many bots are out there only rejecting you only use the upgrade for submissions that should go through. When it gets rejected but you know it should have never been rejected the upgrade was wasted because if a faulty system. Then you can wait months for an appeal because you know good submission and so on.....booom approved by nia so the rejection in the first place was just wrong. And thats the point where you should get the upgrade back.

• HopeaKotka-INGHopeaKotka-ING Posts: 39 ✭✭✭

I agree, the user should get the "lost and wasted" Upgrade back if a valid and upgraded nomination was incorrectly rejected in the first place.

Here is old discussion on the same topic:

• This way or another, the system of getting upgrades needs an update.

The profit will be on both sides.

More motivation to suggest, the more could be added to the games, the odds getting played and more important for NIA - is getting paid.

• RyuuVanDraco-PGORyuuVanDraco-PGO Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Yeah, at least when an upgraded submission which mainly got rejected because of bot accounts and/or malicious Wayfarers which received bans as a consequence of their actions, the Upgrade should be given back. Since Niantic logs which Wayfarer reviewed which submission, this should be possible.

It's a major difference if something got rejected because of malicious reviewers or just because of stupidity or a personal opinion.

I have to push this again. Used the upgrade we got back because the last upgrade went directly into nia voting and was stuck there.....

So usually an upgrade is used on a nobrainer 5* that i only want to get faster.

And now i get it rejected with ridiculous reasons of "persons".

And said persons are about a few mm far away and only black Silhouettes.

I want my upgrade back or fix your system!

• Diskrepansi-INGDiskrepansi-ING Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

I agree that using the upgrade did mean that the rejection happened faster - and therefore was reasonably consumed.

However, I would argue that the real problem is not just the slow processing of appeals, but also the fact that appeals don't get returned if the nomination is found to be legit, and/or that we're limited to one per month. Once I've used my appeal, then your above-indicated process no longer works until the following month - a delay cause by no fault of my own... so even if they were really fast on processing appeals, the overall process would still be slowed way down.

I would like to see either that appeals are returned for 'approved' requests, or that the once/month limit is instead tied to the reviewing-performance of the submitter - much like how upgrades are. Good overall contributors should see additional benefit.

Ideally, though, to address the root cause: I'd also like to see that having an appeal approved may impart an effect (ranging from feedback/education up to reduction in rating) on those who rejected the nomination in the first place. I think that this would encourage accurate reviews and cut down the need to make use of the approval process - which, in turn, would reduce the queue and increase turnaround.