Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Reviewer rating dropped for no good reason

Comments

• Elmek38-INGElmek38-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

Was in yellow for a few days and now i am back in red.

• GENGOGAKUSHA-PGOGENGOGAKUSHA-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

Another of my nominations just got rejected, and it is hard to see why. I thought it would make a good nomination, considering that another town not far away has a comparable accepted Wayspot. It also seems to fall within Niantic's eligibility clarification from October 2019 ("Are piers/fishing docks/boat launches at parks being acceptable portal candidates? If there is a signboard for the location and there's pedestrian access to the sign, yes.").

My nomination is a pier with significance for both locals and tourists. I submitted a picture of its permanent signboard. There is pedestrian access to the sign (in fact, only pedestrian; no cars). I noted in the supplemental information that the sign is visible when inspected through Street View, but not very clear from the satellite images. And I also included a photo that shows both the signboard and its locational relation to the pier itself.

Reasons for rejection: "Nomination does not appear to be permanent or appears to be a seasonal display that is only put up during certain times of the year, The real-world location of the nomination appears to represent a generic store or restaurant, Insufficient evidence that the nomination accurately reflects the submitted real-world location based on comparison of the submitted photo and map views."

I mean, do people even read the supplemental information and inspect the pictures/Street View when they review?

• Elmek38-INGElmek38-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited June 2020

And now back yellow again just after a few hours.

edit: and back to red again after just a few reviews.

Post edited by Elmek38-ING on
  • Ellejayess-PGOEllejayess-PGO Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

I'm green again

I think we won't get a response because they want the system to be secret

Personally whenever my score went down, it appeared to be during active voting sessions, so I think it is dictated by honeypots.

I was giving 3*s to many things (thinking 3* meant 'soft yes', not 'maybe'). So I may have been hitting honeypots and being penalised for giving a score they see as 'maybe' when a clear yes (4-5*) or no (1-2*) was required. I've switched to using 2* and 4* more often

The hardest hit people may have already tried everything to no avail though, idk

Edit: another member of our community went from green from red after reviewing the same suspected honeypot nom that I blamed for making me yellow. They gave it a justified overall rating. So maybe they got hit hard for how they rated on the other categories, unless there was another honeypot in the same session. Whatever the case we're talking about big penalties for minor decisions - these suspected honeypots weren't serious things like schools and emergency obstructions, they were kind of just meh maybe, maybe not.

Post edited by Ellejayess-PGO on
  • exemok-PGOexemok-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

So in may my rating goes from green to red in some days. Later in returns to green. But yesterday it drops again to yellow. So, did I need to stop nominating to not to became red?

Is there any chance that niantic would fix this? Or better way to stop doing this job and not to spoil nerves?

• MagicalJourney-INGMagicalJourney-ING Posts: 12 ✭✭

I dropped again at red mark... after i reached the green last week...

This bug is so frustrating... 😤

• exemok-PGOexemok-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

I have 14 nominations in queue and voting (from pogo 7 for 2 weeks) So, the whole may happened nothing.

And no any wish to login in wayfarer. It looks like any work there will drop my rating to red.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

just for a moment i thought tott1lus-ING commentary might be a bit harsh - but it cannot be said any better. his commentary is spot on and i have to sign that.

• LamerDead-INGLamerDead-ING Posts: 5 ✭✭

im look 3 rewievers and go to red again, Niantic fix it please

• jaaxtmp-INGjaaxtmp-ING Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

Niantic should try to stop the x2 points for Recon badge at least...that's how all this issue started !!!

But they don't care....it's kind of this:

Community: "Niantic fix wayfarer please, many players have stopped to review because of their status being at red"

Niantic: "Wut? You want us to allow lvl10/38 players to review in wayfarer? SURE ! Real quick !"

• TheMarshallShow-PGOTheMarshallShow-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same here! It is still going on!. Normally, I wouldn't care because it doesn't really affect you that much. However, because of this new medal, I am worried much of my work would not be counted because I am in yellow or red.

• Ech0Tom-INGEch0Tom-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭✭

Ok, so, My Ingress Recon badge stopped counting at 4550 agreements when I got tanked to red, I just got my Wayfarer badge in PoGo and that says i've got 4853 which seems about right because I gained 3 upgrades after I hit 'red' and stopped reviewing.

Seems to me like the issue probably is connected to the double recon badge/Ingress rather than to Pokemon.

• Andrew0095-INGAndrew0095-ING Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

I actually play Pokemon GO and Ingress Prime. I am not able to review using Ingress so I use Pokemon GO. Sadly, I skipped to the end to comment. I read much before jumping here. I live in Arkansas. Since I may not name people here, a person in Little Rock decided to create Arkansas Wayfarers in Discord. That is the only name I give. The groups is composed of almost entirely Pokemon GO players. Some people in the group were active and still are active in Ingress before Pokemon GO. Again, I know the names but will not give. I was a member for a time. The idea was any nomination that might be accepted should be a Wayspot. Locations do matter. Some people decided to move Wayspots near the Arkansas State Capitol to make Gyms or add more Wayspots. The same happened in other areas in Little Rock and the rest of Arkansas. One person typed that the reason some changes will not happen is because Ingress takes precedence. I voted one down and visited the PokeStop after the others voted for it. Generic balls are not to be voted for if the ball can be avoided. I nominated the same nomination without the ball like you see at Target. The nomination is in voting. Some likely vote in Pokemon GO and Ingress. I was in the green a week ago. I am in the red now. I review impartially. If I skip a nomination, I do not wish to downvote again. My times has ended before I finished typing. I give advice.

• AN0NIM07-PGOAN0NIM07-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

I kind of guessed the strategy of Replacing Red ids with new players when they reduce the level to PoGo lv39 & Ingress lv11 during the bug problem.

I'm not happy to see my guess to be true. Players are waiting for the bug fix.

• holocronster-INGholocronster-ING Posts: 13 ✭✭

but why should they care? they've got new gyms => more raids in pogo, more money. nothing personal, just business. you won't feed family with your badges.

• mushyvampy-PGOmushyvampy-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I've been following the nomination criteria by the book, still I'm always dropping to poor performance. Could I be being too rigorous in my reviews?

• Blacktro-INGBlacktro-ING Posts: 5 ✭✭