Bus Stop Nomination Question (Pikmin Bloom)

Hello, everyone! Long-time player, first-time poster, here. 🙂 I had a question regarding the eligibility of bus stop nominations. Now, I'm aware that, up until now, normal bus stops were commonly considered to be ineligible by the Wayfarer community. I was wondering, however, if this would change with the release of the "Bus Stop" Decor in Pikmin Bloom? I have several smaller bus stops around me relative to the area that I'm in (sorry for the vague wording) that I'd love to nominate as they're quite important to the community, but I know that in the past they would have automatically gotten shot down due to bus stops being a no-go. Is there a change in this mindset now that the Bus Stop Decor has been released in Pikmin Bloom? I'm hoping so, but I figured I'd ask before I start submitting a bunch of things that instantly get rejected. Thank you all very much for your time!

Comments

• TrevorAlan-PGOTrevorAlan-PGO Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

in-game references is a rejection criteria, not an acceptance criteria. So this is unlikely to change. A basic bus stop still wouldn’t be eligible unless it fits the criteria outlined on wayfarer as a great place to explore, exercise, or socialize.

there’s no special criteria for ingress, or Pokémon go, or any other games, because all submissions are for Niantic’s lightship database, and we submit waypoints not poke stops or flowers.

• AeroHayl-PGOAeroHayl-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Ah, okay. Thank you very much for your answer! 🙂

• 3decay-PGO3decay-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I would think that if they look visually appealing it would make a good stop. I'm also sitting in a dilemma as I'm not sure if schools actually count. And I'm also new to the communication thing.

• TrevorAlan-PGOTrevorAlan-PGO Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Schools? Well remember K-12 schools are strictly prohibited and a rejection criteria.

Agreed if something is visually interesting then it may be eligible, but it has to fit the general criteria outline on the wayfarer site.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't play Pikmin, so I'm not sure what you're referring too, but if bus stops are important to that game you can always hope they get bulk-added by Niantic. This is what happened to basketball courts for the NBA game.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador
    edited September 2022

Most things in Pikmin Bloom that generate specific decor are tied more to OSM tags than any in-game objects. Forest, Beach, Minimart, Grocery, Hair Salon....all these types of things might not be tied to specific Wayfarer-eligible objects, but we get those Decor types anyway. In the new Bus decor, those individual stops that generate Decor seedlings are likely already tagged as such on the map, and thus there's no need to add them via Wayfarer.

Edit for clarification: the only things in Pikmin Bloom that are dependent on Wayfarer submissions are Flower Sprouts and Mushrooms.

Post edited by Shilfiell-ING on
  • Entroponaut-PGOEntroponaut-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭✭

I am thinking about bus stops all the times. Because many bus stops in my city usually have roofs and seats, which make them basically gazebos. I am pretty sure if these buildings (without bus signs) are put in a park, my fellow reviewers will give good marks to them. And people sure socialize inside bus stops (I once saw a mini birthday party in a bus stop) and explore via public transportation. All it needs is the official clarification from Niantic, just like what they just did to the shopping malls.

• Entroponaut-PGOEntroponaut-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭✭

Thank you. The "purpose" argument offers a convincing standard to seperate bus stop shelters from park gazebos. But I still think the exploration aspect of bus stops is valid. Such an aspect of public transportation system is already acknowledged with the general acceptance of regional transportation hub submissions (airports, train stations and even large bus stations). Although bus stops are less important by comparison, they are at least part of the system.

The point I wanted to make with shopping malls is that, an official clarification can make things eligible as they are. Now since by Niantic's standard, large shopping malls are great palces to socialize, I won't require additional information or explanation to see that people are having fun in large malls. That is, to me, if a basic presentation of a mall shows that it meets the standard (containing a large number of shops etc.) that set by Niantic, then it is eligible. And, as long as such a basic presentation does not fall into rejection criteria, I will give 4* to it.

So, I was imagining that, through a similar clarification process, reviewers will acknowledge the intrinsic value of bus stops, then a simple presentation of a bus stop, if no mistake is made, is acceptable.

Although what is more important is whether such intrinsic value exists.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Himalius-ING I personally don't think that there is intrinsic POI value for a bus stop. I don't see them as great places for exploration-- almost all bus stops are relatively generic items, and I would never seek out a bus stop simply for the purpose of going to a bus stop. There are a few rare ones that have a special historic or artistic merit of some sort-- for example, I would accept most of these bus stops except #7, #8, and probably some of #10. There are probably also a few that have historic merit, but not many.

People rarely go to bus stops just to hang out, so I wouldn't consider them a great place to socialize. While people certainly walk to bus stops I wouldn't consider them a great place for exercise... mostly people sit or stand around at the stop waiting for the bus.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since bus stop-decor Pikmin came into being, some people have jokingly mentioned that they should be eligible since they're in Pikmin. They might help explore locations but for the most part, not so much. Not many bus stops have any value to them (unless they're more, transport terminals or interchanges), but others that might have artworks or such might.

In Canberra there are many of these standing "iconic" bus shelters. Each to varying degrees of well... I dunno.

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are amazing. The UK has a few historic shelters but I think this is the greatest. Sorry for the slight tangent away from Pikmin :)

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@The26thDoctor-PGO The art would absolutely qualify. It's a bit like The Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square in that the object supports a rotating collection of art rather than being a fixed permanent art piece... in essence it becomes a miniature art gallery.