Rewards for accepting PokéStops, as well as accepting Portals !

124»

Comments

• rufoushumming-PGOrufoushumming-PGO Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

JillJilyJabadoo-PGO Sorry for being so tardy in responding. I don't think I am missing the point.

I just believe there are other ways to thank people

Gaining awards (medals) or rewards (free stuff) will only encourage people to game it. And will increase the pool of bad nominations. It already is being gamed for awards and getting waypoints outside or near your home. Let's find things that don't make it worse.

Maybe I am old school. Maybe I am misguided.

Seriously free stuff for a nomination. Can you imagine. If you have enough nominations. you will never have to leave your house. Gosh if you had the Eiffel Tower you would be sitting pretty. Everyone spinning stuff etc is just going to fill your coffers up. Niantic took away the free gift or remote raid passes to get people up and out again.

It is not easy. I get it. I do. Just we can do better. Collectively come up with other ways.

Actually. I am old school. I get a buzz out of getting it right. Finding the right one. Getting it wrong and working out why. I dislike intensly the gaming of the system including colluding to get nomination types through. So for me working out more stuff that can make the game better for all. And it will better if we can achieve it together ;-)

No1ofConseqence-PGO. I agree.

• ZinkyZonk-INGZinkyZonk-ING Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

Hello this is a great post.

But to the pogo only people .... You know the key and the 1000 AP is trivial? It's not a reward

I am in agreement that you should receive a gift from the pokestop and some xp ...

Why I nominate ingress only is because my fellow agents can see my nomination and know it was me.

Would love my pogo community to see all the stops I added for them.

I wonder whether people knowing who nominated a poi would improve quality?

You aren't going to fake it if your name is on it.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Two data points:

Back in the earlier days of Ingress just getting credit toward the Seer badge was enough to motivate people to submit complete rubbish.

There's an Ingress player in my area whose hobby is going to existing portals and submitting the worst possible photos that he can, and then using his alt accounts to upvote them. I'm fairly certain his motivation is seeing his name on all the portals.

@JillJilyJabadoo-PGO we shall have to agree to disagree

You say I am definitely wrong. You present no evidence. Sorry. ;-) But lets not get into a bun fight on that!

My view is not a suggestion that will only reward the right people. Any system is open to abuse and this will only make that worse. My view is I want to mitigate that with other means.

My point is let us come up with something else. There are other things we can encourage, and help promote change in making a better game. Across the board.

How we can recognise contributions is important. But you know we all chose to get into this. And most of us because we wanted to as part of the game. Not for a material reward. So I would ask why are people asking for this? What else needs changing in the game? Are there other consumer journeys we can adapt that reduce this need?

Also the reasons the game was created are not the same for many people joining today. They don't see nominations in the same "spirit" of the game as others do. And that change in user perceptions / beliefs needs addressing. How they are onboarded to the next level and so on needs to be adapted to meet this change in user groups.

I agree it is a worth while discussion. And I want better nominations. And I want people who review to do better quality when accepting or otherwise. To me, for a better game, how we can do that is really important. And I want to see more discussion on other game features that make it more engaging, fun and rewarding.

ZinkyZonk-ING loved your post

I too would love my name to be on an accepted nomination.

But I fear this comment ""You aren't going to fake it if your name is on it."" will be wishful thinking. As many have already testified there are people who gloat at their success. And there are certain social media groups that dedicate themselves to it.

So yeah :-(

I concede for all my pushing back. A one off small XP/stardust for an accepted nomination when it goes live in a game. Basically a token reward. Say between 100/200 would work

You see. Who says I cannot adapt :-)

And why not a thousand. It is a numerical game. If you get one accepted live nomination a day every year that could be 365K a year. For doing what you were going to do any way. And in any game or life it is harder to come back from a higher reward. Starting at the lower end gives you more space to play around and adjust.

In the end it is just a token reward. So should be treated as such. And we already get similar number rewards in the game.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't say you were wrong. (Someone else did later, so maybe you mis-tagged me?) I said you missed the point of the original post. You did come around to their way of thinking with this statement:

"Basically a token reward. Say between 100/200 would work"

That's all they were asking for in the first place. A gift and *maybe* a few XP or stardust as a token reward. So in the end, it seems, we'll have to agree to agree.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

The reward could be moving to faster queues. Like, for each 100 wayspots accepted, you move up to a faster queue for all future nominations.

There could be 10 tracks, all moving at different speeds. You start in track 1, the slowest. When you get 100 accepted, you move up to track 2, which is faster than track 1. There would not be many nominations in track 8 or 9, so people who have worked that hard would fly through.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Do you think Niantic’s ability to program could handle that many queues, when the evidence is it can’t handle more than one …..and I have doubts about the one 🙄🤪

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MargariteDVille-ING Faster queues would unquestionably lead to more abuse, and having multiple tracks like that would have a snowball effect.

Yeah, I know it could make a mess of what's already a mess. But we need to talk about rewards besides little tokens in-game.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

I like those little tokens in-game, at least in Ingress. I have a capsule dedicated to keys from stuff I've created - well, maybe more than one capsule. Overall I think we need more reviewers more than we need more submitters, so I'd love to see more rewards for that thankless task that keeps the whole machine running.

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

A weekly reward system would be nice. I know we currently have a weekly walking reward but it's not very proactive.

• Walk 20km
    • Catch x amount
    • Do a raid
    • Do 10 reviews
    • Create a route... if it ever arrives
    • Send 25 gifts
    • Etc

10 reviews is really not a lot but even in my very local group that could amount to 4-500 reviews a week.

This is wishful thinking of course. I don't see us get anything, even after 8 years I don't think Niantic have got to grips with being a games company :/

• Duiomar-PGODuiomar-PGO Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Relegating new users' submissions to an even slower track is a great way to **** off the remaining recruitment wayfarer still manages to pull off

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

For the Seer medal is probably not accurate.

During the period before nominations stopped in 2015, Niantic only gave an overview of eligible wayspots and few specific examples.

As a result, players at the time would submit a variety of candidates and see the approval and rejection emails that would come back six months or a year later to see which candidates would be approved through trial and error.

There were certainly many low-quality nominations in the process.

@JillJilyJabadoo-PGO my bad. you are right - I confused two things at once.. Sorry. Thanks for pointing that out.

• ProjectK2-PGOProjectK2-PGO Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

Personally, I think that a good reward would be like 50 coins or so. It would be like an extra daily Gym limit reward.

But judging by those cheapskate rewards of just 500xp that we get for completing any requirement to level up from levels 40 to 50 (when we need millions to level up), I don't believe that we ever going to have a decent reward or a reward at all from seeing our submission getting accepted...

• BochumJules-PGOBochumJules-PGO Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭

Straight coins would be a negative reward at this point which would lead to more abuse & trash nominations. It doesn't have to be that big. As I said, 1-3 gifts from the new PokéStop (similar to the key in Ingress) to send to friends and Crowd-X at the Stardust, which you can always use, would be enough. It's just about the fact of being able to save the postcard from a PokéStop that you nominated far from where you live and because you might not be able to visit that quickly.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

Nope. That would lead to even greater abuse than we already get.

I think maybe 500 stardust and a gift would be an okay equivalent.

People are not nominating in Ingress for the AP. Maybe for the key, but 1,000 AP is negligible.

You just need to capture a portal and add a few mods to get that.

• 000GreenBttm18-PGO000GreenBttm18-PGO Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

I would be ecstatic with a little for each accepted POI. No matter how much I accrue, GBL seems to obliterate it, effortlessly.

Do Ingress rewards only apply if the POI was submitted in Ingress?

I have my accounts linked, but haven't reaped any Ingress benefits from POIs submitted in Pogo.

I'm also only level 7 (i think) in Ingress, so that may be a factor here.

• The gift should be part of the motivation so something like a rare egg...just putting it out there.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

That’s too much. As said, a Portal Key and 1000 AP are nothing special. Nobody is nominating just for that.

I put the key in a capsule of wayspots I made but have not captured. Sometimes it's years before I can get back. The key helps me keep up with it. Altho a key could get accidentally deleted.

Maybe a post card is comparable in PoGo. But I thought PoGo had a better system for keeping up with where you've been.

There's a journal that didn't really tell you much

Gym badges that you can sort into most recent

Postcard book may be limited to 300 I don't use it much :)

There's also a map but I think it also shows any you may have raided at or maybe received gifts from.

None of it is particularly user friendly tbh.

Either way not only does there seem to be nobody at the helm but I'm not sure there's even anyone on deck so rewards for Go players is waaaaaay down the list probably.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I posted before, if I were to give you a reward, one gift and 1000 xp would suffice.

Ingress is also one portal key and 1000 AP.

Like Pokémon Go, that will be gone when you use it.

But, as I posted this before, the Wayfarer team does not have the authority to alter the Pokémon GO system.

@NianticTintino-ING is not the person to whom Pokémon Trainers who want rewards say this.

They should ask Michael Steranka or Tatsuo Nomura, the game directors of Pokémon GO.