Rejected due to Pedestrian Pathways??

What the heck, this is the 2nd time this was rejected as “Pedestrian Pathway.” It follows the guidelines perfectly and this mural is inside of a restaurant at a one year old shopping Center. There’s zero hazards around the area, and I have pinned it at the exact spot where the painting is located.

Any ideas why this doesn’t followed up?

Comments

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

Adding to the above explanation of the rejection reasons. Sometimes you get a random rejection reason that doesn't make sense. It could be a mis-click by a reviewer, or some people say Niantic do it on purpose. When that happens, it's best to ignore that one and focus on the other.

Your second rejection reason, "Other Rejection Criteria", is the real reason here. "Other Rejection Criteria" means reviewers don't think it's a "great place to explore/exercise/socialize". Follow @Elijustrying-ING's advice for your best chance to overcome this. Improving the photo by just focusing on one of the wall may also help.

• Jahoko-PGOJahoko-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks for the tips guys! It may be a chain place, but I have seen nominations that were also set up from a chain places before. However one thing interesting about Mod that each business have their own murals reflecting their location and style.

• Ochemist-INGOchemist-ING Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can ask around a bit and find out who painted this mural and how it reflects the specific location and style, it would go a long way towards getting it approved.

I have successfully submitted a number of unique, locally-significant murals in chains before, but in each case the local significance was pretty clear (e.g. it showed the skyline of the city it was in or had local motifs) and I spelled it out as precisely as I could. While cool, this design looks kind of generic, so while I'd definitely be open to accepting it as a reviewer, I'd probably do some searching to see if it was found in other Mod Pizza locations, etc.

Also, if you don't want to make a photosphere, can you get a supporting photo from outside that shows the mural? (Maybe at night.) If so, that could help with proving location. In that case, however, I'd get a bit more of the surroundings in your main photo to show some context.

Good luck!

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although they have a lot of stores they do seem to do some really interesting and unique art inside.

I couldn't see yours so you may just have to stop in, get some pizza and nonchalantly ask about the mural. Win/Win :D

Here is one from the UK but I think they may no longer operate here.

A bit of background info for support may help too.

Good luck.

• jokeinsurance-PGOjokeinsurance-PGO Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

@Jahoko-PGO You could always try making a photosphere for this location. They usually up the chances for your nomination to be accepted.