What does "Mismatched Location" mean?

I have had my last couple of nomination rejected for "Mismatched Location", and honestly I don't quite know what it means.

No harm intended here, just curios as to what it means and hope someone can help me out by explaining :)

Many Thanks!

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

If reviewers are using it correctly, it means they couldn't find your nomination on street view or satellite view and they were unable to verify that it exists at the location using the information you provided in your submission.

If your nomination doesn't appear on Google Maps, then I suggest downloading the Google Street View app and using it to take a photosphere at the location of your submission. If you publish that and Google approves it, it'll appear as a street view image when reviewers are reviewing your nomination.

That being said, sometimes people just pick the wrong reasons as well.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use "Mismatched Location"when I think it would be a good Wayspot - except I think it is not in the area pinned. Rather like giving it good stars except 1* for Location Accurate. 

For example, it's not labled on the map; Streetview is current and shows something completely contrary to the possibility of the nomination being in that spot. I do due diligence - I enjoy trying to find things. I zoom in and out of satellite, "walk" around on Streetview, inspect the Supporting Picture, etc. But the item must be a block or more away, and I just can't give each review 20 minutes. The nominator can recalibrate and renominate.

• Purptacular-PGOPurptacular-PGO Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

I use Mismatched Location when I believe someone has pinned their nomination in entirely the wrong place, usually deliberately, or if there is something to suggest that its location is somewhere other than at the submitted location.

If I can clearly see the correct location of a submission 10 or 20 meters away, I chalk this up to drift and inaccurate satellite photos and just suggest a corrected location. If the submitter is off by farther than that, I typically assume incompetency or an attempt to create a Wayspot that would not otherwise appear in the submitter's game of choice, and choose Mismatched Location.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nomination photo looks good - supporting photo looks good - no sign of it anywhere on streetview or the sat map and nothing in the two nomination photos give me any clue where it might be.