Can you change your bonus location?

I keep getting reminders that I have already reviewed all of the spots in my home area. before I knew how it worked I placed my bonus location down in the same massive cell and it just gives me stuff from my home location. My problem is that i cant get more reviews because they are in the same large cell meaning my bonus location does nothing. So is there a way i can change it before the year because its impossible to review lately. Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can, however you have to wait 1 year after you set your bonus location.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Occasionally a Niantic employee will manually address an individual request for a home/bonus reset. Or, they used to.

• sbeahm21-PGOsbeahm21-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭

@MargariteDVille-ING how would i get there attention to maybe have this chance of changing it because i made my bonus location like 3 months ago and switching it to a better spot now would make it easier for me to review more spots.

Thanks for the comment

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

They used to randomly come thru here and see posts.

Maybe you could try the Wayfarer help bot?

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then just tag some mods like @NianticAaron @NianticVK @NianticLC @NianticOtoStar etc.

Just a reminder that they'll grant your request only if it's caused by error i.e. you're accidentally misplaced your bonus location, bonus location you've set is bugged, etc.

• Hi there, @sbeahm21-PGO! Bonus location can only be changed once in a year. Nominations/Edits are assigned as per the Hometown and Bonus location. Also, your active play area has an impact on the nominations you get for review. If there are no nominations to review, we recommend checking the site again after a few hours or days. Thank you!

• kawin240-INGkawin240-ING Posts: 803 Ambassador

@sbeahm21-PGO If you use the wayfarer help chat and explain that you messed up your Bonus or home location choice since you didn't understand it, you might get away with it as a one time courtesy for you to then really set it in stone. Different staff members will handle it differently though, you might need to try a few times. You can access the help chat by going to the wayfarer website, click the help chat, and then an orange bubble appears. Type skip in the text box, choose problem with my account and then answer to your best knowledge, with the last step being expalining that you have set your locations wrongly. Don't mention cells as often they instantly reject requests when they see that word