Change one thing

Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

What is one thing you would change if you had Wayfarer keys for the day 5 minutes and it was actually something you think could be changed?

Comments

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no 5-minute software change - because it would need hours of end-to-end testing, on different devices and languages, to make sure it works as expected and didn't break anything else.

But I can think of several coding changes that should be pretty quick.

• Automatically apply a free upgrade to any unresolved nomination older than six months.
    • Change the nomination text to Lightship/Wayspot. (Would involve PokemonGo and Ingress teams.)
    • Change wording of emails, to remove lies and broken links.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

5 minutes, lower the thresholds in general to get things decided on (get stuff moving faster).

Full day

The above. Improve the niantic reviewers so that the appeals go faster and are done better. Improve communication in general. Give much better guides on the website and get someone to update it regularly. Remove the historical/cultural as well as the visual votes, they are pointless.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Love the email suggestion.

Sadly I don't think nomination text can change as the app owners likely prefer keeping it to their terminology.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gendgi-PGO Your point is good, but I'm leveraging my time. "Engineering team, come here NOW. This is what you are going to do..."

(-:

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,125 Ambassador

5 minutes? Reset the test for EVERYONE so they have to redo it, and change the frequency it can be taken to 30 days instead of 15 minutes.

If I have extra time, change the search and replace in the text of “PokéStop” and “Portal” to “Wayspot”.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

it makes me sick to the stomach that i have to click thru ETERNITY to rate junk.

If i had 5 minutes i hust remove ***** necessity and remove criteria.

• ScaryS0ul-PGOScaryS0ul-PGO Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

Recode the appeal to be looked FIFO rather than randomly

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing in Wayfarer that can be changed in five minutes that would make any difference.

The root thing that has to change before anything else is that Niantic has to care about Wayfarer as the mechanic that tunes Lightship, the engine that runs their games. That means staff (included dedicated coders), a massive budget increase, and a willingness - if not a readiness - to cut the heart out of PoGo and Ingress players who maliciously abuse the system. Until that priority shift happens, everything else is putting strawberries on a mud pie.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador

I'd change the timer on Bonus Location resets from one year to three months, and spend the remaining three minutes eating the free banana muffins in the break room.