Why is that the nominations I submitted 7-8 days ago still isn't up for voting but the one I posted

Answers

• They don't seem to be in any kind of rush. I got told maximum wait for the results of your requests was 48hr.

• Yeah that's true. But the thing is the same nomination was picked up earlier also even though I have put in other nominations. And it got rejected. At first I thought being in queue meant it was being voted on then when I put the rejected nomination fresh for the second time then only I realised that it meant it was in waiting for being picked for voting.

I think they give you tutorials on criteria and all they can give you a tutorial on some basic stuff also.

• I’m new here but maybe if you review some nominations that will speed up the process

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,486 Ambassador

Hello and Welcome

The system for review is made of various stages.

On submission the potential wayspot goes into a queue ( basically a holding area). There is a random factor as to whe something can move from the queue to in voting status. The time that it’s in queue is useful to check and edit the text.

To prevent one small area flooding and dominating the in voting stream there is a system that only allows 1 or 2 close together to go to in-voting. Those that randomly didn’t go to in voting at that point are likely to have to wait until those accepted are resolved before they can move to in voting.

Those that are in voting are put into the review stream how quickly that moves varies enormously from a day or two right through to several years.

Reviewing nominations helps the turn round generally for the area, and you can earn upgrades. An upgrade can be applied to effectively push that potential wayspot to many reviewers and get a quick resolution.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 48 hours above were a miscommunication. Once you get the email that your wayspot is approved into the Lightship database, - then within 48 hours each game that uses Lightship will decide if to use it, and bring it live if selected. Sometimes a few hours longer.

How it gets from submitting to the point of an acceptance email is a whole nother story.

It is not a true queue (first-in-first-out). Its chance of moving into voting, and its priority while in voting, are weighted based on its region (large, prejusticed), its smallest cell, and we don't know what else.

Niantic created Ingress to test things and then copy the code to other games. Nomination queueing was probably copied from how they queue Ingress missions. They flat-out told us that people's first few missions were given priority, and once you've made a lot of missions, you'll get some fast-tracked and some slow-tracked. So I'll bet the nominations code started with that, then added location-based priority.

• WillowWinters-PGOWillowWinters-PGO Posts: 40 ✭✭

Wait, are you saying that someone who hasn't made any nominations before is more likely to have their submissions go through more quickly than someone who has made many "contributions"?

I've waited 2 and a half years for some of my nominations to go through. They used to go through quickly but then became slower than molasses. And I live in the suburbs, not a rural area.

So don't get your heart set on any time table.

• Stentorious-PGOStentorious-PGO Posts: 50 ✭✭

What was stated was this first few of some one who has never submitted would be fast tracked and players who have submitted before “some” will be fast tracked and some will be “slower” Quite different than what you stated.

Not completely different, but nuance is important here, so I will stand corrected.

• Stentorious-PGOStentorious-PGO Posts: 50 ✭✭

There’s plenty going on in the algorithm that I’m pretty sure no one knows. For example I’ve submitted and gotten results back on around 50 nominations and here is this one still sitting since 6 months ago.

So I need to be careful and point out that I don’t think it’s a simple explanation. I’ve seen 5 others go into voting in the same park that I submitted as this poi nomination. I’d probably be better off to place it on hold indefinitely and resubmit a replacement.