Where is the love?

Hello!

I hit level 37 a couple months ago, and it's all I wanted and chased until then... To get to this point; reviewing and nominating, in order to enrich my area with pokemon go love!

Or so I thought... I've reviewed, grinded and nominated my heart out, only to have 2 of my first 5 requests voted out. Maybe I could have done better, but for some of the stuff I've seen make it through, I think my way spots were valid. My other gripe is how slow the voting in my area, assumingly due to lack of effort in my region, which is also heartbreaking. We are a community, not enemies, and if we all love this game (or we wouldn't be HERE), WHERE IS THE LOVE?!

End rant

Comments

• sbeahm21-PGOsbeahm21-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭

What were your declined submissions? @36WayzToKill-PGO

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

Always make your best effort with nominations, not looking to whatever else already exists. In some cases, those existing things were accepted under obsolete criteria, or wrongfully approved by former reviewers, or even imported automatically by Niantic through the original or more recent "seeding" efforts.

If you've just started nominating a few month ago, and have already had decisions - your voting area isn't as slow as many others. You can speed your things up by reviewing and earning upgrades, sure, but those upgraded candidates will be seen and judged by people not familiar with your local area so make sure you've done your best to show how each potential Wayspot meets the "great place to explore, exercise, or be social" goal.

Engage with your local players if you can, evangelizing reviewing! More reviewers mean shorter queue times. Share great candidates you see in your reviews, or atrociously bad ones for laughs. Show off your Wayfarer medal!

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it’s difficult but don’t try to take rejections personally. You can always improve your nominations and re submit. 2/5 actually doesn’t sound that bad.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

You think your contributions are valid. You say, you could have done better.

a) if you are someday an experienced contributor, you can say for 99% if something is eligible or not.

My answer: You submitted stuff that is not a wayspot.

b) You rant that the people in your area are not a fast commmunity and do not like your contributions.

My answer: Noone in your area voted on your contributions, it was nationwide or at least in a radius of several 100 miles. it isnt personal. it is just not a valid wayspot. Also the "fast" or "not fast" does depend on other things than the people that are in your nearby community.

Asking WHERE IS THE LOVE? for *****y contributions is just cringe.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@36WayzToKill-PGO writes:

but for some of the stuff I've seen make it through, I think my way spots were valid.

I understand your frustration.

Basing your submissions on things already in the games is an extremely common error for people who are new to Wayfarer. As @Shilfiell-ING said, there are many things in Niantic's games today that wouldn't qualify under current rules, and there are lots of things being approved right now that shouldn't be. The reasons for all of this are complex, but part of it is that Niantic isn't very good at teaching new people how Wayfarer works.

There's something else that Niantic isn't good at, which is coaching people on how to present their submissions well. There's often a significant gap between what something looks like from the submitter's point of view and what it looks like as a reviewer-- information that is perfectly obvious to the person submitting the wayspot may be invisible to the people reviewing. There is an art to presenting your submissions well, to thinking about them from the perspective of a reviewer. I trot this out regularly, but I think it's valuable advice: How to submit things that get accepted.

The advice on encouraging other people to review is also good, but "reviews take forever without an upgrade" is pretty much a universal truth.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@36WayzToKill-PGO still we await that you copy paste your rejections here