Appeal for photo submission rejections (will update this post with new rejections later)

I'm trying to add photos of new(er) QR codes attached to some of the street art in Penang, Malaysia. These are scannable codes that seem to have been physically added to the artworks by the Penang government some time after their creation, since they're not visible in the original photos. They lead to an official government website with an explanation of the art, which is why I think they're worth adding to the wayspot as a way for players to look up more info on cool art.

#1 Title of the Wayspot: Street Art at Queen Street

Location: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=5.418993,100.340193&z=18&pll=5.418857,100.339514

City: Georgetown, Penang

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

Zoomed-in to make it easier to scan with Google Lens or any other QR code app:

This is the site it leads to:

Additional information:

It seems like "Gold Teeth" is the official title but I didn't bother submitting a title edit request.

#2 Title of the Wayspot: Hawker Mural

Location: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=5.417644,100.339471&z=18&pll=5.418248,100.338817

City: Georgetown, Penang

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

The site the code leads to (it's a .gov.my URL, so it's official):

I had another photo submission (accepted but not yet live) that shows where the QR code is currently placed:

Additional information:

It seems to have an official title of "Tok Tok Mee" based on the plaque and site, but I didn't bother submitting a title change request for this either. Note: Despite the current wayspot title, this thing is actually some kind of metal sculpture and not a mural. It's not painted on.

I have a bunch of other photo submissions trying to add these scannable (and official!) informational QR codes to the relevant sculptures and I suspect the rest of them are going to get rejected too, so I'll add them as additional comments to this post after they roll in.

Tagged:

Comments