I sometimes feel like many people are just trying to find dumbest possible reasons to reject stuff

I would like your opinion on the following nomination here (The titel and describtion were originally German and I just translated them for this post, so ignore mistakes):

Titel: "Child with rings - roof ornament

Description: "This house was build during the time of the French occupation after the second world war and is a protected monument. The roof are decorated with these ornaments, here it is a child with rings in its hand"

Additional Infos: Its a nice piece of art and under monument protection, which should be interesting enough to be a relevant POI. Further those are clearly Multi-Arpartment-Buildings, so the dont fall under the private property rule

Rejected for: private property... why did I even bother adding the additonal info? bad photo... now i know the picture isnt super crisp, but its on the 4th floor so I had to take a picture from somewhat far away to get a good angle. In my opinion thats still more than good enough.

Funny enough I nominated another house 50m down the road, which looks exactly the same but with another ornament, which got accepted...

Other favourites of mine were rejections for:

• living animal, because my dog was visible in the picture of the surounding area (not the main picture of the POI)
  • seasonal structure for a piknick area
  • fake nomination on a trail maker in the woods, with a well known trail that every idiot could google to see that its there. Why would someone fake a trail maker in the middle of nowhere?

Comments