How do I improve my wayfarer rating? And from my stats below am I likely to go up to Good soon?

Mrughani01-PGOMrughani01-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in General Discussion

I am reviewing from Kenya so we have many nominations stuck in voting. I have added London (where I have lived for a few years) as a bonus location to give me more things to vote on. My stats:

Rating - Fair

Total Nominations Reviewed

Agreements

Nominations Accepted

Nominations Rejected

Nominations Duplicated

Many thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• 00ZxExN00-PGO00ZxExN00-PGO Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

I also dropped to fair when I first started out and then now its great all in the span of 2 weeks. Just keep reviewing and it'll go up naturally. No need to change the way you're reviewing just yet.

My ratios are approx 60% acceptance and 40% rejection. For comparison, I only have 1600 reviews and 700 agrements.

My advice is when in doubt, fall back to the intent/spirit of those criterias vice being to dogmatic about the exact wording. Lastly, give people the benefit of the doubt when able. If you're just smashing the rejection button, maybe take a break and go do something else for afew days.

Answers

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on your ratio of acceptances to rejections your first step should be to review Niantic's criteria carefully-- you seem to be accepting way too much. Pay attention to safe pedestrian access (reject it if it's in a roundabout, a median, or the side of a road without a solid pedestrian path). Pay attention to private residential property and K-12 school property. Look for recognizable faces and license plate numbers in the main photo.

To provide some perspective, I've reviewed just over 25K submissions and my agreements are 6678, 8905, 872 respectively. Except for about one week I have always been in the top rating tier since I started reviewing in November 2016. I live in California but my home location is London so I see a fair bit of stuff from around there... I don't have breakdowns by location but I'd guess I accept half of what I review there.

The next thing you can do if you want to improve your rating is to skip the middle-of-the-road candidates. Only vote if it's a painfully clear decision-- the idea behind that is that you are less likely to score an agreement for things that are middle-of-the-road because it could easily go either way, but something super clear (a playground in the park = obvious acceptance, a liquor store = obvious rejection) means you will probably get an agreement for it.

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here we are telling someone to not accept so much? While thread after thread talks about “my nomination got rejected for silly reasons”? You don’t have to change the way you vote. You just have to review more. Your rating will naturally rise over the course of time. Also, your rating isn’t tied to your agreements.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

With over 2,000 reviews and fewer than 1,000 agreements, of course rating is low. With the OP living in a slow review area, that might mean a large portion of reviews have not yet reached a decision, but the Agreement stats seem to indicate that a huge majority of the OP's votes have been to accept a candidate and with a low agreement rating this may indicate that other reviewers voted differently. When my rating has dropped in the past down to Good, I've solved that by slowing my review pace down to small batches (let's say five a day), stopping when my skips are used up, and voting on obvious accept/rejects only as much as the skip limit allows. Reviewing the criteria is good advice, as those stats seem to indicate that the OP is accepting things that should not be accepted. I tend to accept more than I reject, but even so my agreements are around 63% acceptances, 33% rejections, and the remainder duplicates.

• 00ZxExN00-PGO00ZxExN00-PGO Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

I also dropped to fair when I first started out and then now its great all in the span of 2 weeks. Just keep reviewing and it'll go up naturally. No need to change the way you're reviewing just yet.

My ratios are approx 60% acceptance and 40% rejection. For comparison, I only have 1600 reviews and 700 agrements.

My advice is when in doubt, fall back to the intent/spirit of those criterias vice being to dogmatic about the exact wording. Lastly, give people the benefit of the doubt when able. If you're just smashing the rejection button, maybe take a break and go do something else for afew days.

• DEMARTIN0-PGODEMARTIN0-PGO Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

I accept 51% reject 44% and duplicates 5% and always keep a great rating and reviewed 56,000+. My reject rate climbs daily. 74% match rate.

• Mrughani01-PGOMrughani01-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭

Thanks for the in depth answer. Unfortunately where I am it is very very slow, that all the local reviews are actually good to ok ones. I do reject the obvious rejections. Since I do have UK as a bonus location I am at least making some reviews that can be finalized quickly. Recently we have had some new people move to kenya / new players start reviewing so I have actually catapulted up to great rating lol!

The main point of my question was to find out if there's a certain percentage of total agreements vs total reviews that gives you a certain rating.

Just a small note - as far as our local community goes, we have made a group with probably 90% of the submitters and reviewers, so we actually discuss nominations a lot and pre reject some nomination ideas to make our lives easier in wayfarer, this is also why I have a high amount of acceptances.

So I have reviewed the criteria, actually once a month just to keep up to date. I indeed look out for all of those things, and reject as needed. I stated this below, but I am pretty sure we have the majority of our local wayfarer community on a group chat so we do a lot of pre qualification before we even nominate stuff! Makes reviewing that much easier, especially with how long it take our queue to move.

Unfortunately regarding skips and "meh" nominations, our community is very very lacking in numbers. we need all the votes we can get. That's why the middle of the road ones I'll vote with a mix of 2, 3, and 4 *. yes I know those votes don't give it many points but at least its something to help push it to a decision.

I'd say maybe 65-70% are local

Bonus location London, with the wayfarer challenges that gave me a lot of noms to vote on with assurance of agreements, and a chance for upgrades etc. Although cool update, I'm up to great now! our local community expanded recently so many pending potential agreements have come through!

are those numbers you stick to or is it just how your local submissions shape up to be? cos we have a fairly good amount of good submissions, just the lack of voters to push everything through (and give agreements). We have a group chat with the majority of the community on it so we pre qualify a lot of nominations and help each other improve quality of submission, and make voting that much easier for us (less ambiguity, less insta rejects etc.)

you are the most similar to me in these replies; and wouldn't you know it I'm up to great now too! We had some recent additions to our local community so their votes really pushed our old nominations into final decisions, very helpful. I did also up my voting to about 25 a day, and i seems i helped push other reviewers up too. so thanks for the advice, it did work with some help form other stuff too.

Just the way they shape up. I am in touch with the local core nomiantors and voters daily and I wish I could accept 100% locally as I play pokemon a lot. A whole lot ha. I also have New York set as my bonus location so I never run out of noms to review because I would in the past. I live in South Carolina but review stuff from Atlanta over to Tennessee and all the way up to Richmond Virginia because locally I have voted on them all(55,000-60,000+ reviewed). I play pokemon 99% of the time so not knocking the players but when they lowered the level to 38 the number I accepted went down dramatically.

well my comment vanished huh. ha I will summarize what I had put. Nope I never go in with my mind made up already and my reviews range from Virginia to Georgia because I review a lot so I have voted on all the local ones + my bonus location is NY. I wish locally I could accept 100% and I am in contact with the core local group on a daily basis. My acceptance rate use to be way higher but plummeted when they lowered levels to nominate. Not knocking players because all I play is pokemon but when they did that a lot of coal rolled through at first.

Ahh ok, good to know that’s not a preset number. I reject instantly the second I see a bad nom, but if you see my comments elsewhere on this post, I have managed to rise all the way to great! And also it’s purely just a thing where we don’t have enough people reviewing here so many of my votes haven’t been agreed yet, but it’s getting better, more and more hitting level 38