This is a serious question

WhiteyBored1984-PGOWhiteyBored1984-PGO Posts: 2
edited December 2022 in General Discussion

What drives you to come on here and either do what’s asked right or do whatever you want and does it work?

I dont play with my community bcuz they’re **** and can’t get anything approved so I find myself wanting to troll since ever other pogo player has stops literally in their front and back yards no joke and I can’t get anything of note thru

Post edited by NianticLC on

Comments

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a serious answer.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm motivated to do it right because I like having high-quality wayspots. I don't have a local cabal to deal with.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

I come on here and try to do what's currently right because I've had decent success so far. I live in the suburbs and will never have a Wayspot located within my reach from home, but since I use Niantic games to motivate me to go outside, I don't really mind! My "success" can be measured by the number of small towns I've enhanced, and when I watch the Trainers and Agents in those areas grow in level as a result of my efforts, it feels amazing. My local submissions closest to me that become gyms are generally taken over by a group of long-term spoofers on a different team, which is annoying, but I do get more raid locations out of 'em so everything works out fine. Since it's winter, I can use my time reviewing per standards to bank upgrades that I can use once I'm able to go outside during actual daylight to submit things.

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try not to be bitter about pokestops and where they’re located or approved. I think reviewing and nominating can be a negative feedback loop. If your nomination gets rejected, you tend to judge other nominations more harshly. Let’s break the cycle and judge fairly and even leniently.

• tehstone-INGtehstone-ING Posts: 1,154 Ambassador

care to share your general location? i'm sure more than a few folks here would be happy to go and report some private residence wayspots.

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could also share the things of note you can't get through.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you review, then for every 100 agreements, you can upgrade one nominaton - then it will be reviewed mostly outside your area's reviewers.

Also, you can appeal one rejection every 30 days, and it will go to Niantic staff or contractors (also outside your area).

• Yacatect-INGYacatect-ING Posts: 163 ✭✭✭

I like the exploration aspect of the games, so I like both nominating cool stuff and seeing cool stuff get approved.